Brandon McCoy is a partner in the Mergers and Acquisitions Practice Group in the Dallas office of Haynes and Boone. His practice focuses on complex business transactions for both private and public clients in a broad range of industries, with a focus on mergers, acquisitions, private equity investments, and joint ventures.
Brandon also assists clients with premerger notification compliance under the Hart Scott Rodino (HSR) Act, a federal statue which requires notifying the FTC and DOJ of certain acquisitions and observing a “waiting period” before they are completed. He works closely with the firm’s antitrust lawyers to resolve informal investigations by the FTC or the DOJ that are commenced in connection with an HSR filing.
Additionally, Brandon is a certified public accountant.
Professional and Community Activities
- State Bar of Texas
- Included in the "Ones to Watch" category of Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Inc., 2021-2022
- Represented Four Corners Brewing Company LLC, a Dallas-based brewery producing premium beer, in its sale and merger into a subsidiary of Constellation Brands, Inc., a public company. This deal was recognized as the "Deal of the Year" for the $25 million to $149 million category at the D CEO and Association for Corporate Growth 2019 Mergers and Acquisitions Awards.
- Represented Carolina Beverage Group, a portfolio company of SunTx Capital Partners, in its sale to Cold Spring Brewing Company, a portfolio company of Brynwood Partners. This deal was recognized as the "Deal of the Year" for the $150 million to $999 million category at the D CEO and Association for Corporate Growth 2019 Mergers and Acquisitions Awards.
- Represented Wingate Partners in its acquisition of Binswanger Glass.
- Represented a distributor of automotive paint and body supplies in connection with its sale to a private equity fund.
- Represented Trive Capital in its acquisition of Architectural Granite & Marble, LLC.
- Represented Nekoosa Coated Products, a portfolio company of Wingate Partners and a leading manufacturer of specialty paper and film products, in its sale to an affiliate of Sentinel Capital Partners.
- Represented Trive Capital in its acquisition of a majority interest in ParFab Field Services, LLC and related entities.
- Represented a wholly-owned subsidiary of Commercial Metals Company in connection with its acquisition of substantially all of the assets of MMFX Technologies.
- Represented Dunn Paper, Inc., a portfolio company of Wingate Partners and leading supplier of high-performance, advanced paper materials for niche consumer markets, in its sale to Arbor Investments.
- Represented Roofing & Insulation Supply, Inc. in its sale to Beacon Sales Acquisition, Inc.
- Represented The WhiteWave Foods Company in its $125 million acquisition of Wallaby Yogurt Company.
- Represented The WhiteWave Foods Company in its $550 million acquisition of Vega.
- Represented Nekoosa Coated Products, a portfolio company of Wingate Partners, in its purchase of Main Tape Company, Inc., a specialty surface protection and adhesive tape manufacturer.
- Assisted AT&T in the arrangement to name the Arlington, Texas, stadium that is the home stadium of the National Football League’s Dallas Cowboys football club as “AT&T Stadium.”
- Represented The WhiteWave Foods Company in its $600 million acquisition of the organic food brand, Earthbound Farm.
- Represented Chief Oil & Gas and its working interest partners, Enerplus Resources (USA) and Tug Hill Marcellus, in its acquisition of MKR Holdings LLC from a subsidiary of Chesapeake Energy Corporation.
J.D., University of Pennsylvania Law School, 2012, Associate Editor, University of Pennsylvania Journal of Business Law
M.B.A., Finance and Management, University of Pennsylvania Wharton School, 2012, with honors
M.P.A., Accounting, University of Texas at Austin, 2006
B.B.A., Accounting, University of Texas at Austin, 2006
Seventy-five Haynes and Boone, LLP lawyers are included in the 2022 Best Lawyers “Ones to Watch” directory this month. The Ones to Watch distinction is given to attorneys early in their careers in recognition of their outstanding professional excellence in private practice in the U.S. Nominated by peers in the industry, Ones to Watch recipients have been in practice for five to nine years. The fol [...]