Brandon McCoy is a partner and section chair of the Mergers and Acquisitions Practice Group. His practice focuses on complex business transactions for both private and public clients in a broad range of industries, with a focus on mergers, acquisitions, private equity investments, and joint ventures.
Brandon also assists clients with premerger notification compliance under the Hart Scott Rodino (HSR) Act, a federal statue which requires notifying the FTC and DOJ of certain acquisitions and observing a “waiting period” before they are completed. He works closely with the firm’s antitrust lawyers to resolve informal investigations by the FTC or the DOJ that are commenced in connection with an HSR filing.
Additionally, Brandon is a certified public accountant.
- Represented Vitesse Systems, a portfolio company of Trive Capital, in multiple acquisitions involving, among others, Sterling Precision, Inc., Custom Microwave, Inc., and Products Support, Inc.
- Represented The Brandt Companies, the largest mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) contractor in the state of Texas, in its sale to Southland Industries.
- Represented Karman Space & Defense, a portfolio company of Trive Capital, in multiple acquisitions involving, among others, Systima Technologies, Aerospace Engineering Corp., and AAE Aerospace.
- Represented SignalPath LLC, a portfolio company of Highlander Partners, in its sale to Verily Life Sciences LLC, an Alphabet company.
- Represented Thriving Brands LLC, a portfolio company of Trive Capital, in its acquisition of Right Guard and Dry Idea, two leading antiperspirant and deodorant brands, from Henkel AG.
- Represented Dealer Solutions & Design, LLC, in its sale to an affiliate of KT Capital Partners, LP.
- Represented Four Corners Brewing Company LLC, a Dallas-based brewery producing premium beer, in its sale and merger into a subsidiary of Constellation Brands, Inc., a public company. This deal was recognized as the "Deal of the Year" for the $25 million to $149 million category at the D CEO and Association for Corporate Growth 2019 Mergers and Acquisitions Awards.
- Represented Carolina Beverage Group, a portfolio company of SunTx Capital Partners, in its sale to Cold Spring Brewing Company, a portfolio company of Brynwood Partners. This deal was recognized as the "Deal of the Year" for the $150 million to $999 million category at the D CEO and Association for Corporate Growth 2019 Mergers and Acquisitions Awards.
- Represented Wingate Partners in its acquisition of Binswanger Glass.
- Represented a distributor of automotive paint and body supplies in connection with its sale to a private equity fund.
- Represented Trive Capital in its acquisition of Architectural Granite & Marble, LLC.
- Represented Nekoosa Coated Products, a portfolio company of Wingate Partners and a leading manufacturer of specialty paper and film products, in its sale to an affiliate of Sentinel Capital Partners.
- Represented Trive Capital in its acquisition of a majority interest in ParFab Field Services, LLC and related entities.
- Represented Dunn Paper, Inc., a portfolio company of Wingate Partners and leading supplier of high-performance, advanced paper materials for niche consumer markets, in its sale to Arbor Investments.
- Represented The WhiteWave Foods Company in its $125 million acquisition of Wallaby Yogurt Company.
- Represented The WhiteWave Foods Company in its $550 million acquisition of Vega.
- Represented Nekoosa Coated Products, a portfolio company of Wingate Partners, in its purchase of Main Tape Company, Inc., a specialty surface protection and adhesive tape manufacturer.
- Assisted AT&T in the arrangement to name the Arlington, Texas, stadium that is the home stadium of the National Football League’s Dallas Cowboys football club as “AT&T Stadium.”
- Represented The WhiteWave Foods Company in its $600 million acquisition of the organic food brand, Earthbound Farm.
- State Bar of Texas
- Included in Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars directory, Thomson Reuters, 2022
- Recognized by D Magazine's, D Magazine Partners, Inc., "Best Lawyers in Dallas - Corporate Law: Mergers and Acquisitions," 2022-2023
- Recognized by D Magazine's, D Magazine Partners, Inc., "Best Lawyers Under 40," 2022
- Included in the "Ones to Watch" category of Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Inc., 2021-2024
J.D., University of Pennsylvania Law School, 2012, Associate Editor, University of Pennsylvania Journal of Business Law
M.B.A., Finance and Management, University of Pennsylvania Wharton School, 2012, with honors
M.P.A., Accounting, The University of Texas at Austin, 2006
B.B.A., Accounting, The University of Texas at Austin, 2006
Haynes and Boone, LLP Partner John McGowan led a team that represented Capitol Services, LLC in securing an investment from Clearview Capital Fund IV, L.P and its affiliates. The transaction closed in April 2023. Founded in 1978 and headquartered in Austin, TX, Capitol Services is a tech-enabled provider of outsourced legal and compliance services. Clearview has a proven track record of helping en [...]