Melissa Naturman is an associate in the Real Estate Practice Group in the New York office of Haynes and Boone. Her practice focuses on commercial real estate.
Melissa has represented borrowers, investors and other financial institutions in all aspects of commercial real estate transactions, including acquisitions and sales, financings, restructurings, joint ventures, and construction and development projects. She has extensive experience drafting, negotiating and reviewing contracts, including loan documents, leases, and purchase and sale agreements.
Selected Client Representations
- Representation of developer in $870 million mortgage and mezzanine loan for a luxury multifamily construction project.
- Representation of lender in the origination of commercial mortgage-backed securities loans.
- Representation of financial institution in connection with $1.73 billion sale of hotel and casino.
- Representation of investment firm of an $870 million acquisition of a provider of senior care services.
- Representation of an institution of a $364.5 million sale of a portfolio of 2,500 rental properties.
J.D., Fordham University School of Law, 2013, magna cum laude; Order of the Coif; Associate Editor, Fordham Law Review
B.B.A., University of Michigan, 2009, with distinction
Judicial Intern to the Honorable P. Kevin Castel, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, 2011
UPDATED AS OF MAY 14, 2020 In light of the social distancing orders put in place in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Governor Andrew Cuomo signed Executive Order 202.7 on March 19, 2020 which authorized notary publics to notarize documents remotely. The initial order was in effect through April 18, 2020; however, Executive Order 202.18 and Executive Order 202.28 extended the April 18, 2020 date [...]