Anna Nerush advises investors on acquisitions, joint ventures, divestments, exits, and alternative financing of energy and power infrastructure-related companies and assets across Africa, FSU, Europe, and UK.
Anna focuses on the structuring and execution of joint ventures and equity investments and disposals of companies and assets throughout the energy chain, including the upstream oil and gas sector, the midstream sector (including energy transportation and storage), and the refining and utility sectors. Her clients are involved in projects ranging from unconventional resources to offshore developments and LNG, to electric power generated from renewable sources (solar, wind, and waste to energy) and from natural gas.
In addition to M&A, Anna advises clients on the development of offshore and onshore E&P projects. Her clients benefit from her extensive knowledge of and experience in negotiating commercial agreements, including joint operating agreements, production sharing contacts, concession agreements; marketing; sales; offtake and storage agreements for crude, gas, and petroleum products; and power purchase agreements.
Anna is a contributing author to Sweet & Maxwell’s Oil & Gas Contracts: Principles and Practice, and is recommended as a lawyer “of note” in the oil and gas section of the 2021 UK edition of The Legal 500 (Legalease), the international directory of law firms. She is a member of the Law Society of England & Wales and the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN).
Professional and Community Activities
- Law Society of England & Wales
- Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN)
- Anna is recommended as a lawyer “of note” in the oil and gas section of the 2021 UK edition of The Legal 500, Legalease, the international directory of law firms.
- Listed as a Euromoney Rising Star in Energy and Natural Resources, Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC, 2018
Oil and Gas
- Represented a private equity backed vehicle on multi block UKCS oil and gas developments.
- Represented an IOC on an acquisition of a portfolio of producing assets offshore Norway.
- Represented a European oil and gas major on offshore Arctic joint venture with a Russian major.
- Represented the operator on offtake and marketing arrangements of crude and gas condensate with the Government of Kazakhstan.
- Represented the purchaser on long term gas sale and supply negotiations.
- Represented an IOC on joint venture, farm-out and JOA negotiations in connection with interests offshore Brazil.
- Represented an IOC sponsor party on all aspects of upstream, midstream and downstream development in connection with gas fields offshore Tanzania and proposed construction of LNG facilities.
- Represented an IOC on operational aspects in connection with a producing block in Kurdistan Region of Iraq and related issues arising vis-à-vis the Government and partners under the PSC, JOA and FDP.
- Represented an IOC on US$2.65bn acquisition of UKCS and Norwegian CS petroleum interests from a European oil and gas major.
- Represented a Russian oil and gas major on farm-in and JOA negotiations across three block in Kurdistan Region of Iraq.
- Represented a U.S. oil field services provider on a disposal of its business in Russia.
- Represented national oil company NC KazmunaiGas on the joint venture with CNPC and subsequent acquisition of producing upstream assets and downstream asset located in Kazakhstan.
- Represented an IOC in renegotiation of an existing production sharing contract and gas marketing arrangements with the Government of Kurdistan Region of Iraq.
- Represented an oil and gas major on acquisition of a shareholding in an international entity developing, managing and operating international large scale solar projects.
- Represented a private equity fund on investment in 158 MW wind farm in Serbia and related commercial arrangements including PPAs, O&Ms and development finance.
- Represented a U.S. investment vehicle on proposed acquisition, development, management and operation of multi-jurisdictional wind and solar assets.
- Represented a private equity fund on joint venture establishment and development financing of greenfield biomass project.
- Represented a private equity fund on investment in 200 MW solar power project in Jordan and related commercial arrangements including PPAs and O&Ms.
- “Brexit Risk to Irish Gas Supply,” author, EurOil, September 2017.
- “Unconventional Gas – Developments in the UK,” author, Euromoney, June 2015.
- "Invest in Kazakhstan 2015 Guide," co-author, produced on behalf of the Government of Kazakhstan, April 2015.
- “U.S. and EU Sanctions Impacting Russian Energy Market,” author, Lawyer Monthly, September 2014.
- “Can Fracking Revolutionise the UK Energy Market?” author, Lawyer Monthly, June 2014.
- “Europe Mulls Options for Ensuring Energy Security and Diversification,” author, EurOil, May 2014.
LL.B. (Hons.), Brunel University, 2003
Legal Practice Course, College of Law, 2004
England and Wales
The development of Carbon Capture Usage and Storage (“CCUS”) is a key component of the UK’s strategy to achieve net zero emissions by 2050. Successful CCUS deployment requires significant government support, particularly through the introduction of a robust regulatory and contractual framework. It is the UK’s aim to deploy CCUS in at least two industrial clusters by the mid-2020s, and for two more [...]