Joanna Pearce is an associate in the Healthcare and Life Sciences Practice Group in the Dallas office of Haynes and Boone. Her practice involves assisting clients with a variety of transactional and regulatory matters, including matters related to the food, drug, healthcare, and life sciences industries. She is also experienced in mergers and acquisitions and general corporate transactional practice, and regularly assists clients with navigating the intersection of regulatory issues and broader business concerns. She has assisted clients with a variety of corporate and transactional matters, including mergers, acquisitions, and other strategic transactions; entity formation; regulatory guidance; and drafting complex commercial agreements to accomplish key business objectives.
Before going to law school, Joanna obtained a B.S. in Animal Science from Texas A&M University–Commerce and spent nearly a decade working in animal healthcare. Because of her background in life sciences and agriculture, Joanna is equipped to assist clients with a broad spectrum of business considerations related to operating in heavily regulated industries. Joanna’s representative experience at Haynes and Boone has included assisting clients across many industries with business transactions; manufacturing, supply chain, and distribution agreements; federal and state regulatory compliance issues; product recalls; and product development considerations.
- Represented behavioral support and nursing company in sale of the company to another healthcare entity.
- Represented healthcare company in purchasing a home healthcare company.
- Represented Advertising Company in its acquisition of a Digital Marketing and Design Company.
- Represented a restaurant group in the sale of the company following a bankruptcy filing.
- Haynes and Boone LGBTQ Committee, Member
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers Aid to the Homeless Committee, Member
- “FDA Guidance in Response to COVID-19 and a Plan for Transition Back to Normal,” co-author, Food and Drug Law Institute’s Update Magazine, Spring 2022.
- "Sourcing Cannabis Lawfully for CBD Consumer Products and Clinical Research: Challenges and Opportunities," co-author, Food and Drug Law Institute's Update Magazine, Spring 2021.
J.D., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 2018, magna cum laude; Order of the Coif; Associate Managing Editor, SMU Law Review
B.S., Texas A&M University Commerce, 2012, magna cum laude
From the outset of the COVID-19 public health emergency, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) engaged in policymaking at a blistering speed compared to its historically measured pace. Robert Califf, who previously led the agency under Obama, was recently confirmed as FDA commissioner, and Califf’s approach to agency guidance will be closely monitored by many stakeholders. With two COVID-19 [...]