For more than three decades, Anthony Pierotti has successfully advised his clients in connection with a wide range of complex real estate and finance matters. Anthony has become a trusted advisor to his clients, who value his extensive experience, practical approach and problem solving abilities.
A considerable part of Anthony's practice involves the acquisition, financing, development, management and sale of master-planned communities, office buildings, medical facilities and retail and industrial properties. Anthony also has substantial experience in the negotiation of complex joint venture arrangements for both development partners and capital partners, as well as advising clients on large debt financing transactions involving multiple real estate projects. Anthony has also been lead counsel in the successful restructuring of numerous troubled real estate developments.
When not working on behalf of his clients, Anthony is actively involved in his local community, including currently serving as a member of the board of directors of the Marconi Foundation for Children. Anthony also serves as the chairman of the board of directors of his local chapter of the International Wine and Food Society and on committees at the Pacific Club in Newport Beach, California.
Anthony was recognized by Best Lawyers, Woodward/White, Inc., as a "2019 Lawyer of the Year" and named a "2017 Lawyer of the Year" for Real Estate Law by Best Lawyers, Woodward/White, Inc., 2017. He was also recognized by The Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Inc., for Real Estate Law, 2009-2020 and 2022-2023.
- Representation of seller in the sale of 208-unit apartment complex in Orange County, California.
- Representation of a developer of master-planned communities in the sale of more than $200 million in properties to merchant builders in Northern and Southern California.
- Representation of seller in the $700 million sale of a large biotechnology campus near Silicon Valley, California.
- Representation of seller in the sale of a low-income housing apartment project near Park City, Utah.
- Representation of a New York-based investment and development fund in connection with a master-planned mixed-use development in Las Vegas, Nevada, involving casino, hotel and residential components.
- Representation of a major homebuilding company in a joint venture transaction for the development of a 1,500-lot residential master planned community in Corona, California.
- Representation of a homebuilding company in connection with its master secured revolving credit facility for the acquisition and construction of multiple residential projects.
- Representation of major homebuilding company in the restructuring of master credit facility for projects located in multiple states in the Western United States.
- Representation of investment fund in the acquisition and sale of distressed REO assets.
- Lawyer's Committee of the California Pacific Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church, 2016-Present
- Board of Directors, Marconi Foundation for Children, 2017-Present
- District Chancellor, Santa Ana District of the California Pacific Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church, 2005-2013
- Board of Directors, Orange County Branch, International Wine and Food Society, 2014-Present; Chairman 2019-2020
- California State Bar, Real Property Section
- Orange County Bar Association, Section of Real Property
- Building Industry Association (BIA)
B.S., Accounting, California State University Long Beach, 1984, Phi Kappa Phi, Beta Gamma Sigma
B.S., Finance-Real Estate, California State University Long Beach, 1984, Phi Kappa Phi, Beta Gamma Sigma
J.D., University of California Davis School of Law, 1987, Order of the Coif; Editor, University of California, Davis Law Review
U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
U.S. Tax Court
Haynes and Boone, LLP had another impressive showing in The Best Lawyers in America directory published by Woodward/White, Inc., with a cross section of lawyers from offices across the country recognized in the 2022 edition. The guide includes more than 100 firm lawyers from the Austin, Charlotte, Chicago, Costa Mesa, Dallas, Dallas-North, Denver, Fort Worth, Houston, New York, Palo Alto, San Anto [...]