Chase A. M. Proctor is an associate in the Mergers and Acquisitions Practice Group in the Dallas office of Haynes and Boone and is licensed to practice in both New York and Texas. He has experience in domestic and international acquisitions, divestitures, securities transactions and other complex business transactions, including corporate restructurings and M&A transactions within the bankruptcy context. Specifically, he has represented both corporate, private equity and venture capital buyers and sellers in structuring, negotiating, documenting and closing acquisitions and dispositions. Chase also has experience representing clients in the negotiation of celebrity and athlete endorsement agreements.
Professional and Community Activities
- Vice President of Membership, North Texas Food Bank Young Professionals Committee
- Member, the Texas Irish Foundation
- Included in the "Ones to Watch" category of Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Inc., 2022
- Represented FGF Brands, a leading manufacturer of premium baked goods for the food service and retail industries, in the acquisition of the assets of Hill Country Bakery.
- Represented Mizzen and Main LLC in connection with the negotiation of its endorsement deal with a prominent professional athlete.
- Represented Trive Capital in its purchase of SSW Holding Company, Inc., a leading engineered products manufacturer supplying a broad product portfolio for the residential/commercial appliance, residential/commercial HVAC, and other industrial segments.
- Represented Commercial Metals Company in connection with its sale of certain assets to SB Specialty Metals Holdings LLC.
- Represented Williamson-Dickie Holding Company, a private company specializing in the manufacture of work apparel, in its $820 million sale and merger into a subsidiary of VF Corporation, a publicly traded company.
- Represented the buyer of substantially all of the assets of a country club and golf course.
- Represented Stand2Learn, LLC in the sale of substantially all of its assets to Varidesk, LLC.
- Represented lender in a $45 million senior secured advancing term loan credit facility for the acquisition of mineral interests in the Permian Basin. The transaction included a participation option for the lender.
- Represented Commercial Metals Company in connection with its sale of certain assets to Manakin Industries, LLC
- Represented Commercial Metals Company in connection with its sale of certain assets to Trek Metals, Inc.
- Represented CMC Steel Fabricators, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Commercial Metals Company, in connection with its acquisition of substantially all of the assets of MMFX Technologies.
- Represented Webtuner Corp., a developer of software and hardware for media content distribution, in the sale of substantially all of its assets to a third party.
- Represented Mizzen and Main LLC, an American-made menswear brand, in connection with L Catterton's investment in the company.
- Represented Wingate Partners in its acquisition of Binswanger Glass, a seller and installer of glass and glass-related products for commercial, residential and automotive use.
- Represented leading furniture and textiles company in its sale of a majority interest to private equity firm Acacia Partners, LLC.
- Represented a leading energy efficiency technology company in its sale of a minority interest to a venture capital firm.
B.A., Spanish, Southern Methodist University, 2011, cum laude
B.B.A., Finance, Southern Methodist University, 2011
J.D., University of Texas School of Law, 2014, with honors, Order of the Coif
Two Haynes and Boone, LLP deal teams will receive deal of the year awards from The M&A Advisor at the 13th-Annual International M&A Awards gala on Sept. 21 in New York. An independent judging panel of industry experts evaluated nominations representing over 250 individual companies from across the world – a wide and varied group with deals valued at $10 million to tens of billions, the M&A Adviso [...]