After serving two years as a federal district court law clerk, Marco joined the Litigation Practice Group in the Orange County office of Haynes and Boone, where he focuses on appellate matters.
In law school, Marco served as an extern to an Orange County appellate justice and as a lead article editor and one of the five members of the executive board of the UC Irvine Law Review. In 2014, he was awarded both the California State Bar’s Wiley W. Manuel Certificate for Pro Bono Legal Services and the Orange County Hispanic Bar Association’s Wally Davis Memorial Scholarship.
Marco participated in UC Irvine Law’s Ninth Circuit Appellate Litigation Clinic, where he and a fellow law student participated in a pro bono case in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, working under the supervision of a Haynes and Boone appellate partner. The Ninth Circuit panel issued a published decision, including a vigorous dissent, which paved the way for en banc rehearing that resulted in an en banc reversal of Ninth Circuit asylum precedent.
- Chair-Elect, Appellate Law Section, Orange County Bar Association (2020)
- Treasurer, Appellate Law Section, Orange County Bar Association
- Editor, ABA Appellate Practice Journal (2019, 2020)
- Included in the "Ones to Watch" category of Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Inc., 2021-2022
- “2019–2020 in Review: Notable Civil Cases from the California Supreme Court,” co-author, OC Lawyer Magazine (forthcoming).
- "Global Litigation After the Coronavirus Pandemic," speaker, Thomson Reuter’s/West, May 18, 2020.
- “Local Governments Have an Important Role in Fighting Coronavirus,” co-author, Law 360, March 15, 2020.
- “Holocaust-Era Art and Property Recovery Claims After ‘Zuckerman,’” co-author, The Recorder, March 11, 2020.
- Saturday Academy of Law, speaker, UC Irvine School of Law, February 15, 2020.
- “The Next Wave of Global Litigation,” co-author, 87 Def. Counsel J. 1 (2020).
- “LGBT Rights After Justice Kennedy: A Preview of the Three Title VII Cases Slated for the October 2019 U.S. Supreme Court Term,” co-author, Orange County Lawyer, Vo. 61, No. 10, p. 36, October 2019.
- “OCBA New Attorney Academy: Specialty Practice Areas,” speaker, Orange County Bar Association, August 26, 2019.
- “Spokeo v. Robins and the Wrinkle of Standing under State Law,” co-author, Washington Legal Foundation, August 22, 2019.
- “The State of Article III Standing 3 Years After Spokeo,” co-author, Law 360, June 13, 2019.
- “China Agritech Should Apply to State Class Actions,” co-author, Law360, April 11, 2019.
- “2018 in Review: Notable Civil Cases From the California Supreme Court,” co-author, Orange County Lawyer, Vol. 61, No. 1, p. 31, January 2019.
- “OCBA/Western State College of Law Open House and Section Specialty Day,” speaker, Orange County Bar Association, October 25, 2018.
- “Accessing Legal News amid the Demise of Print Media,” author, Appellate Issues, Fall 2018.
- “A Conversation on Effective Oral Advocacy,” moderator, OCBA Appellate Law Section, September 28, 2018.
- “A Case Where Everyone Wins: Pro Bono Work and a Young Lawyer's Training,” author, ABA Appellate Practice, Vol. 37, No. 3, p. 21, Spring 2018.
- “Arbitration After 'Epic Systems v. Lewis': Implications for California Employers,” co-author, The Recorder, May 30, 2018.
- “The Arbitrability Of Claims Arising Under PAGA,” co-author, Law 360, March 16, 2018.
- “2017 Year in Review: Notable Published Civil Cases from the Fourth Appellate District, Division Three,” co-author, Vol. 60, No. 3, p. 56, March 2018.
J.D., University of California Irvine School of Law, 2015, cum laude; Executive Board, Notes Chair, and Lead Article Editor, UC Irvine Law Review
B.A., California State University Fullerton, 2012, summa cum laude
Law Clerk to the Honorable Bruce J. McGiverin, U.S. District Court for the District of Puerto Rico, 2015-2017
Legal Extern to the Honorable Richard M. Aronson, California Court of Appeal, 2015
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
Seventy-five Haynes and Boone, LLP lawyers are included in the 2022 Best Lawyers “Ones to Watch” directory this month. The Ones to Watch distinction is given to attorneys early in their careers in recognition of their outstanding professional excellence in private practice in the U.S. Nominated by peers in the industry, Ones to Watch recipients have been in practice for five to nine years. The fol [...]