Renata Sanchez Musi is an associate in the International Practice Group in Haynes Boone’s Mexico City office.
Her practice focuses on tax matters, including tax planning, consulting, and litigation, as well as various foreign trade matters.
She has been involved in tax strategies developed for both domestic and international corporations and worked with companies in the food and beverage sectors as well as the oil and gas, aviation, chemical, pharmaceutical and textile industries.
Her tax practice also extends to tax refund procedures for unduly paid taxes and those generated as a credit balance resulting from daily or exceptional company operations, as well as she has been involved in representing clients before tax authorities in national disputes, and in tax and administrative litigation before local and federal courts.
In the foreign trade area, her consulting includes tariff classification, verifying and processing import/export permits, classifying taxes, application of Free Trade Agreements, securing incentives, procedures related to bonded warehouses and authorized or granted under concession.
- Representation of clients before the Mexican tax authorities in disputes, as well as tax and administrative litigation.
- Elaboration of administrative appeals and annulment procedures against the resolutions issued by the Mexican Tax Authority (SAT).
- Involved in the elaboration of tax strategies developed for both domestic and international corporations.
- IVHQ Volunteer Organization Vietman, 2018
- World Hands Volunteers Capetown, S.A., 2016
Law Degree, Universidad Anahuac del Norte, 2021, high honors