Jacqueline Shipchandler’s dual experience in antitrust enforcement and the private sector give her unique insights on how to assist clients with complex antitrust issues. Her goal is to provide practical advice to clients on antitrust issues facing their business -- including pricing and distribution arrangements, unilateral conduct concerns, joint ventures and other competitor collaborations, trade association issues, and antitrust compliance training.
During her time as a Trial Attorney with the Antitrust Division of the Department of Justice in Washington, D.C., Jacqueline handled investigations into potential civil violations of the antitrust laws and also analyzed the competitive consequences of proposed mergers and acquisitions. She was also part of the team representing the United States in its landmark antitrust case against Microsoft. In private practice, she has represented clients on a full spectrum of antitrust and competition matters, including civil and criminal government investigations, private antitrust litigation, and antitrust clearance in connection with mergers and acquisitions.. Her work has spanned a broad variety of industries, including media and entertainment, defense products, computer software, hardware and memory products, food additives, and consumer products.
Jacqueline has been an active leader in local and national bar organizations. For many years, she served in the Leadership of the American Bar Association's Section of Antitrust Law, including serving as Vice-Chair of the Antitrust Section’s Joint Conduct and Trial Practice Committee. She also previously served as a Vice-Chair of the Dallas Bar Association's Antitrust and Trade Regulation Section, as well as serving on the Section’s leadership Council. Jacqueline has also been selected for inclusion in Texas Super Lawyers - Rising Stars Edition, Thomson Reuters.
In addition to her work in the legal sector, Jacqueline has devoted countless hours serving her local community a variety of roles -- including serving in multiple PTA officer roles (including President), volunteering as both a Girl Scout Troop Leader and Cub Scout Den Leader, and volunteering at her local food pantry.
- Selected for inclusion in Texas Super Lawyers - Rising Stars Edition (2006, 2012)
- Editor, JOINT CONDUCT COMMITTEE E-BULLETIN, American Bar Association, Section of Antitrust Law (Fall 2010-August 2013).
- Contributing Editor, 2009 ANNUAL REVIEW OF ANTITRUST LAW DEVELOPMENTS, American Bar Association, Section of Antitrust Law (2010).
- Panelist, Conflicts of Interest: Ethical Considerations in Multiple Representations and the Revolving Door Between the Government and Private Practice (June 30, 2009).
- Moderator, "A Brown-Bag Conference Discussing the Criminal Jury Trial in the Marine Hose Case," American Bar Association, Section of Antitrust Law (May 8, 2009).
- Contributing Editor, 2008 ANNUAL REVIEW OF ANTITRUST LAW DEVELOPMENTS, American Bar Association, Section of Antitrust Law (2009).
- Contributing Editor, 2007 ANNUAL REVIEW OF ANTITRUST LAW DEVELOPMENTS, American Bar Association, Section of Antitrust Law (2008).
- "Internal Investigations in Antitrust Matters," INTERNAL CORPORATE INVESTIGATIONS, (3rd Ed.), American Bar Association, Section of Litigation (2007).
- Contributor, ANTITRUST LAW DEVELOPMENTS (6th Ed.), American Bar Association, Section of Antitrust Law (2007).
- Contributing Editor, INDIRECT PURCHASER LITIGATION HANDBOOK, American Bar Association, Section of Antitrust Law (2007).
- "Application of U.S. Antitrust Laws: Practical Tips for Foreign Corporations," Jacqueline K. Shipchandler, Lecture before Academy of American and International Law, The Center for American and International Law, Plano, Texas (June 27, 2006).
- "Checklist of Practical Considerations When Representing Targets of Criminal Antitrust Investigations," Kathleen M. Beasley and Jacqueline K. Shipchandler, American Bar Association, Section of Antitrust Law, 54th Antitrust Law Spring Meeting (March 2006).
- "Checklist of Practical Considerations When Representing International Entities in Cartel Investigations," Barry F. McNeil and Jacqueline K. Shipchandler, American Bar Association, Section of Antitrust Law, International Cartel Workshop (February 2006).
J.D., Duke University School of Law, 1997, Moot Court Board
B.S., New York University, 1994, summa cum laude
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
U.S. Court of Federal Claims