As a former Regulatory Counsel with the FDA, Tony assists clients with a wide range of FDA and advertising matters. In addition to his previous experience counseling FDA leadership and program offices on import and operational policy while a part of FDA’s Office of Regulatory Affairs, Tony began his career at the FDA as part of the Presidential Management Fellowship in the Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, also completing a detail in FDA's Office of Chief Counsel.
Tony’s advertising law experience covers FDA-adjacent issues in addition to traditional FDA matters. His work in this space has included assisting with advertising litigation, preparing both responses and challenges before the National Advertising Division (NAD) of the Better Business Bureau, Proposition 65 compliance reviews, and assessing marketing claims.
Tony’s interest in the food industry began prior to his work at FDA: he was actively involved in his high school FFA chapter and received an honors degree in Agricultural Economics from Oklahoma State University. Prior to law school, Tony taught elementary school in Baltimore City as a member of Teach For America.
- Included in the "Ones to Watch" category of Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Inc., 2021-2023
- Food and Drug Law Institute
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Oklahoma State University Alumni Association, Chapter President, Washington, D.C.
- Included in the "Ones to Watch" category of The Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Inc., 2021-2023
- “FDA Guidance in Response to COVID-19 and a Plan for Transition Back to Normal,” co-author, Food and Drug Law Institute’s Update Magazine, Spring 2022.
J.D., Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, 2013
M.A., Johns Hopkins University, 2010
B.S., Oklahoma State University, 2008, cum laude
District of Columbia
From the outset of the COVID-19 public health emergency, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) engaged in policymaking at a blistering speed compared to its historically measured pace. Robert Califf, who previously led the agency under Obama, was recently confirmed as FDA commissioner, and Califf’s approach to agency guidance will be closely monitored by many stakeholders. With two COVID-19 [...]
Haynes Boone Represents Clinigen Limited in Acquisition of Drug Safety NavigatorDecember 02, 2022