John Sutton is a partner in Haynes and Boone’s Finance Practice Group who works in both the Fort Worth and Dallas offices.
His practice focuses on representing borrowers and lenders in working capital and term-loan financings in both the leveraged and investment-grade markets.
John has substantial experience representing banks, commercial financiers, and investment funds in asset-based lending (ABL) and structured finance transactions involving real estate, aircraft, hospitality, shipping and other industries.
During his 25-plus year legal career, John has handled a broad range of sophisticated debt transactions, including representing acquirers and capital sources in the structuring of leveraged acquisitions; lenders in debtor-in-possession and post-confirmation financings; and issuers and purchasers of mezzanine or senior subordinated debt.
- Texas Rising Star, Law & Politics Magazine and Texas Monthly, Emmis Publishing, 2004
Selected Client Representations
- Represented banks, commercial finance companies, investment funds and their respective clients in asset-based and structured finance transactions, including single and multiple asset securitizations
- Represented acquirers and capital sources in connection with the structuring and financing of leveraged acquisitions
- Represented lenders in debtor-in-possession and post-confirmation financings
- Represented issuers and purchasers of mezzanine or senior subordinated indebtedness in various contexts, including structures involving the issuance of warrants and other equity interests to financial investors
- Represented senior and subordinated creditors in connection with various inter-creditor and participation arrangements
- Represented borrowers, national and international banks and other financial institutions in financing commercial real properties, including the acquisition and construction of hotels, office buildings and retail properties
John O. Sutton Jr. has joined Haynes and Boone, LLP as a partner in the firm’s Finance Practice Group. He will work out of both the Fort Worth and Dallas offices. John has substantial experience representing banks, commercial financiers, and investment funds in asset-based lending (ABL) and structured finance transactions involving real estate, aircraft, hospitality, shipping and other industries. [...]