Tom Tippetts is a partner in the Corporate and Capital Markets Practice Group of Haynes and Boone. He has significant experience in representing companies and private equity firms on transactional matters, including mergers, acquisitions, venture capital/private equity investments, distressed M&A transactions, reorganizations, and other strategic transactions in a broad range of industries.
Selected Client Representations
Example transactions in which Tom has participated include his representation of:
- Telefonaktiebolaget L. M. Ericsson in multiple acquisition transactions involving, among others, CENX, Placecast and FYI Television.
- Trive Capital in multiple acquisition, divestiture and add-on transactions involving, among others, SSW Holding, NxEdge, ParFab, Iowa Northern Railway, Amteck, Madison-Kipp, AGM Automotive, Aevex Aerospace, Valence Surface Technologies, Pental Surfaces, Residential Design Services and Huron.
- Williamson-Dickie Manufacturing Company in its sale to VF Corporation and in its acquisition of Walls Industries.
- Wingate Partners in multiple acquisition, divestiture and add-on transactions involving, among others, Binswanger Glass, Nekoosa Holdings, Dunn Paper, Sunrise Oilfield Supply, MPI Products, Strata Worldwide, The HC Companies, S&N Communications, Industrial Container Services and Corrpro Companies.
- Harland Clarke in multiple acquisitions.
- Dean Foods Company in the sale of its Mountain High Yoghurt business and the Mountain High brand to General Mills.
- Prophet Equity L.P. in its bankruptcy acquisitions of the assets of Gulfstream Crane, LLC and Vestalife, LLC, and its acquisitions of Ace Asphalt of Arizona, Inc., Altec Lansing and Avega Systems, Inc.
- Rosewood Investments, Inc. in its purchase of assets from Heckethorn Manufacturing Co., LLC.
- Salty's Manufacturing, Ltd. in its sale to Stallion Oilfield Services.
Professional and Community Activities
- State Bar of Texas
- Named a Top Dealmaker in North Texas by the Dallas Business Journal, American City Business Journals, March 2017
- Recognized by D Magazine, D Magazine Partners, as a "Best Lawyer in Dallas" in Corporate Law: Mergers & Acquisitions, 2016.
- Recognized by Chambers USA, Chambers & Partners, as an "Up and Coming" lawyer for Corporate/M&A in Texas, 2015; Corporate/M&A in Texas, 2016.
- Selected for inclusion in Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters, 2010, 2012, 2016-2017.
B.A., Brigham Young University, 2003, cum laude
J.D., University of Texas School of Law, 2006, with honors; Articles Editor, The Review of Litigation
Welcome to the 2020 - 2021 edition of the Haynes Boone Media and Entertainment Law Year in Review. The Media and Entertainment Practice Group of Haynes and Boone, LLP represents a broad range of clients in all facets of media and entertainment, intellectual property, open government and First Amendment litigation, counseling and legislative matters. We are proud to provide a summary of our accompl [...]