Tom Tippetts is a partner in the Corporate and Capital Markets Practice Group of Haynes and Boone. He has significant experience in representing companies and private equity firms on transactional matters, including mergers, acquisitions, venture capital/private equity investments, distressed M&A transactions, reorganizations, and other strategic transactions in a broad range of industries.
Selected Client Representations
Example transactions in which Tom has participated include his representation of:
- Telefonaktiebolaget L. M. Ericsson in multiple acquisition transactions involving, among others, CENX, Placecast and FYI Television.
- Trive Capital in multiple acquisition, divestiture and add-on transactions involving, among others, SSW Holding, NxEdge, ParFab, Iowa Northern Railway, Amteck, Madison-Kipp, AGM Automotive, Aevex Aerospace, Valence Surface Technologies, Pental Surfaces, Residential Design Services and Huron.
- Williamson-Dickie Manufacturing Company in its sale to VF Corporation and in its acquisition of Walls Industries.
- Wingate Partners in multiple acquisition, divestiture and add-on transactions involving, among others, Binswanger Glass, Nekoosa Holdings, Dunn Paper, Sunrise Oilfield Supply, MPI Products, Strata Worldwide, The HC Companies, S&N Communications, Industrial Container Services and Corrpro Companies.
- Harland Clarke in multiple acquisitions.
- Dean Foods Company in the sale of its Mountain High Yoghurt business and the Mountain High brand to General Mills.
- Prophet Equity L.P. in its bankruptcy acquisitions of the assets of Gulfstream Crane, LLC and Vestalife, LLC, and its acquisitions of Ace Asphalt of Arizona, Inc., Altec Lansing and Avega Systems, Inc.
- Rosewood Investments, Inc. in its purchase of assets from Heckethorn Manufacturing Co., LLC.
- Salty's Manufacturing, Ltd. in its sale to Stallion Oilfield Services.
Professional and Community Activities
- State Bar of Texas
- Named a Top Dealmaker in North Texas by the Dallas Business Journal, American City Business Journals, March 2017
- Recognized by D Magazine, D Magazine Partners, as a "Best Lawyer in Dallas" in Corporate Law: Mergers & Acquisitions, 2016.
- Recognized by Chambers USA, Chambers & Partners, as an "Up and Coming" lawyer for Corporate/M&A in Texas, 2015; Corporate/M&A in Texas, 2016.
- Selected for inclusion in Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters, 2010, 2012, 2016-2017.
B.A., Brigham Young University, 2003, cum laude
J.D., University of Texas School of Law, 2006, with honors; Articles Editor, The Review of Litigation
Represented Streamland Media in its acquisition of SIM Video International’s post-production picture and sound finishing services business.
Represented Trive Capital in its partnership with AMRO Fabricating Corporation, a leading manufacturer of precision machined and formed structures for aerospace, defense, and commercial markets.
Represented Trive Capital in its sale of AEVEX Aerospace, a leading provider of full spectrum airborne intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance solutions, to Madison Dearborn Partners and CoVant Management.
Represented a professional fund in its co-investment into a company specialized in the collection of startup data and the automation of startup deal-sourcing and assessment efforts.
Represented BuildGroup in its minority investment in VidMob, Inc., a full stack creative technology platform.
Represented P23 in its co-investment into DigniFi, a provider of auto repair loans.
Represented AEVEX Aerospace, a portfolio company of Trive Capital, in its acquisition of Special Operations Solutions, a provider of ISR platform modification engineering, custom system design, software development, flight test services and PED technical support for special operations in highly comp [...]
Represented Ericsson Inc. in its acquisition of CENX, a US-based service assurance technology company.
Represented Trive Capital in its acquisition of substantially all of the assets of Southeastern Automatic Sprinkler Co., Inc., a fire protection contractor based out of Mississippi.
Represented Ericsson Inc. in its acquisition of Placecast, a leading enterprise-grade platform for data management and display advertising based out of California.
A Haynes and Boone, LLP team led by Denver Partner Dan Malone represented Blucora, Inc. in the $720 million sale of its tax software business, TaxAct, to an affiliate of Cinven Ltd., a UK-based private equity fund. The transaction was announced Nov. 1 and is expected to close by the end of 2022. Following completion of the transaction, Blucora will rebrand as Avantax and focus on its success in [...]