Jack Turano, III is a counsel in the Real Estate Practice Group in Haynes and Boone’s Houston office and is board certified in both commercial real estate law and farm and ranch real estate law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. His practice focuses on assisting clients with a broad range of real estate transactions. Jack’s experience includes acquisitions, dispositions, leasing, real estate finance, and development for office, retail, industrial, multi-family, and farm and ranch properties, including renewable energy projects.
Jack previously served as in-house real estate counsel for EDP Renewables North America.
- Board certified in commercial real estate law, The Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2020
- Board certified in farm and ranch real estate law, The Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2020
- Recognized as a “Top Lawyer” by Houstonia magazine, SagaCity Media, 2020-2021
- Recognized as a “Rising Star” in Texas Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2019-2022
- Represented a major U.S. financial institution as real estate counsel in its tax equity investment in a 345 MW, $419 million wind energy project in Texas.
- Represented a real estate investment and asset management company in its $470 million recapitalization of a seven-property multifamily portfolio including properties located in Florida, North Carolina, Texas, Arizona, and Georgia.
- Represented a European renewable energy company as real estate counsel in its $439 million tax equity financing of three wind farms in Indiana, Ohio, and New York.
- Represented oilfield service provider in the disposition of 20+ properties located in Texas, Kansas, New Mexico, Wyoming, California, Louisiana, and Oklahoma.
- Represented a real estate investment and asset management company in its $91 million acquisition of a Class “A” multifamily community in Florida.
- Represented U.S. renewable energy company as real estate counsel in the acquisition of a 6.9 MW community solar project and battery energy storage system in New York.
- Represents national commercial real estate firm in negotiating and drafting brokerage commission, property management, and vendor service agreements.
- Represented a European renewable energy company in early to mid-stage development of wind and solar energy projects in 15 states, including California, Kansas, Iowa, New York, Illinois, Texas, Indiana, Iowa, Colorado, Ohio, Wyoming.
- Represents chemical manufacturing company in negotiating and drafting of supply agreements, NDAs, option agreements, and professional services contracts.
- Represented a renewable energy company as real estate counsel in the operation of wind farms in 14 states.
- Represented a European renewable energy company in the acquisition, development, and construction of a 66 MW wind energy project in Ohio.
- Represented U.S. renewable energy company in the acquisition and development a 137 MW solar project in Texas.
- Represented investor-owned utility in the disposition of substantially all of its wastewater treatment assets in Texas.
- Represented real estate developer in connection with the leasing of 47,000 acres of land in Alberta, Canada.
- Represented a renewable energy company in connection with project development and construction of 366 MW of wind farms in Indiana and Ohio.
- Vice Chair, Real Estate Legislative Affairs Committee, 87th Texas Legislature
- YP Chair, CCIM, Houston/Gulf Coast Chapter
- Board Member, St. Thomas High School Alumni Association Board of Directors
- The College of the State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association, Real Estate Section
- Houston Business Realty Coalition
- CREN (Commercial Real Estate Network)
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- “REPTL Legislative Update: Significant Bills of the 87th Texas Legislature,” co-author, Real Estate Probate & Trust Law Section of the State Bar of Texas Section Report, June 2021.
- “REPTL Legislative Update: Significant Bills of the 84th Texas Legislature,” co-author, Real Estate Probate & Trust Law Section of the State Bar of Texas Section Report, July 2018.
- Presenter, “Developments from the Texas Legislature”, 49th Annual William W. Gibson, Jr. Mortgage Lending Institute, 2015.
- “Integrity is Their Portion and Proper Virtue: The Ethics of Funding Judicial Education,” co-author, 51 S. Tex. L. Rev. 869, 2010.
J.D., South Texas College of Law Houston, 2011, Note & Comment Editor, South Texas Law Review; Best Brief Award (Spurgeon Bell Moot Court Competition); CALI Award Recipient – Legal Research and Writing II
B.S., Honors College, University of Houston, 2008, cum laude
Intern to the Honorable Frances H. Stacy, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas, 2010
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
Two Haynes and Boone, LLP deal teams will receive deal of the year awards from The M&A Advisor at the 13th-Annual International M&A Awards gala on Sept. 21 in New York. An independent judging panel of industry experts evaluated nominations representing over 250 individual companies from across the world – a wide and varied group with deals valued at $10 million to tens of billions, the M&A Adviso [...]