Jack Turano, III is a counsel in the Real Estate Practice Group in Haynes and Boone’s Houston office and is board certified in both commercial real estate law and farm and ranch real estate law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. His practice focuses on assisting clients with a broad range of real estate transactions. Jack’s experience includes acquisitions, dispositions, leasing, real estate finance, and development for office, retail, industrial, multi-family, and farm and ranch properties, including renewable energy projects.
Jack previously served as in-house real estate counsel for EDP Renewables North America.
- Board certified in commercial real estate law, The Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2020
- Board certified in farm and ranch real estate law, The Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2020
- Recognized as a “Top Lawyer” by Houstonia magazine, SagaCity Media, 2020-2021
- Recognized as a “Rising Star” in Texas Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2019-2021
- Assisted in representation of renewable energy company in $439 million funding of tax equity financing.
- Represents chemical manufacturing company in negotiating and drafting of supply agreements, NDAs, option agreements, and professional services contracts.
- Represented oilfield service provider in the disposition of 20+ properties located in various states.
- Represents national commercial real estate firm in negotiating and drafting brokerage commission, property management, and vendor service agreements.
- Represented a renewable energy company in connection with acquisition of land rights for the development and construction of 366 MW of wind farms in Indiana and Ohio.
- Represented investor owned utility in the disposition of substantially all assets.
- Assisted in representation of developer in connection with the leasing of 47,000 acres of land in Alberta, Canada.
- Vice Chair, Real Estate Legislative Affairs Committee, 87th Texas Legislature
- YP Chair, CCIM, Houston/Gulf Coast Chapter
- Board Member, St. Thomas High School Alumni Association Board of Directors
- The College of the State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association, Real Estate Section
- Houston Business Realty Coalition
- CREN (Commercial Real Estate Network)
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- “REPTL Legislative Update: Significant Bills of the 87th Texas Legislature,” co-author, Real Estate Probate & Trust Law Section of the State Bar of Texas Section Report, June 2021.
- “REPTL Legislative Update: Significant Bills of the 84th Texas Legislature,” co-author, Real Estate Probate & Trust Law Section of the State Bar of Texas Section Report, July 2018.
- Presenter, “Developments from the Texas Legislature”, 49th Annual William W. Gibson, Jr. Mortgage Lending Institute, 2015.
- “Integrity is Their Portion and Proper Virtue: The Ethics of Funding Judicial Education,” co-author, 51 S. Tex. L. Rev. 869, 2010.
J.D., South Texas College of Law Houston, 2011, Note & Comment Editor, South Texas Law Review; Best Brief Award (Spurgeon Bell Moot Court Competition); CALI Award Recipient – Legal Research and Writing II
B.S., Honors College, University of Houston, 2008, cum laude
Intern to the Honorable Frances H. Stacy, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas, 2010
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
A Haynes and Boone, LLP deal team led by Simin Sun and Jeff Wolfson is representing Strides Pharma Science Limited in a $24 million acquisition announced Aug. 6, 2021. Strides announced that its wholly owned subsidiaries have entered into definitive agreements with subsidiaries of Endo International to acquire its manufacturing facility in New York and various Abbreviated New Drug Applications (AN [...]