Daniel Wei is an associate in the Finance Practice Group in the Dallas office of Haynes and Boone. He represents lenders and borrowers in a variety of commercial and corporate financial transactions; including acquisition financing, subscription-secured credit facilities, syndicated financings, and multi-jurisdictional and multi-currency facilities.
During law school, Daniel gained general corporate legal experience working at Novelis Inc., the global leader in rolled aluminum products and aluminum recycling, during a time when the company was undergoing a multi-billion dollar acquisition. As such, he assisted with various projects related to obtaining regulatory approvals in the United States, China, and European Union. Further, Daniel assisted on internal compliance and securities matters.
Professional and Community Activities
- Member of the Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
Selected Client Representations
- Represented Valesco Fund II in its majority buyout (and related acquisition financing) of BARRIER1 SYSTEMS, INC., a leading designer, manufacturer, installer, and servicer of proprietary vehicle barrier systems and security solutions to high profile government and commercial clients.
- Represented Blucora, Inc. in securing a $175,000,000 incremental term loan to finance the acquisition of HK Financial Services, a CPA-focused, captive registered investment advisor.
- Represented Landry’s, Inc. and its subsidiaries in a $300 million increase to the existing term facility and a $30 million increase to the existing revolving facility in connection with the acquisition, and joinder to the facilities, of the Del Frisco Restaurant Group.
- "After Months of Deadlock, Congress Extends Lifeline for the Arts and Entertainment Industry through the Shuttered Venue Operators Grant Program," co-author, Haynes and Boone client alert, December 30, 2020.
- "Congress Revises PPP Rules for Existing Borrowers; Allows Certain Borrowers to Access Second Round of Funding," co-author, Haynes and Boone client alert, December 22, 2020.
- "New Interim Final Rule: Revisions to PPP Loan Forgiveness and Loan Review Procedures," co-author, Haynes and Boone client alert, July 1, 2020.
- "Weathering the Economic Storm: Are PPP Loans and Bankruptcy Reorganizations Mutually Exclusive Options?" co-author, Haynes and Boone client alert, May 7, 2020.
- "Federal Reserve Board Announces Revised Terms for the Main Street Lending Program," co-author, Haynes and Boone client alert, May 6, 2020.
- "Looking for an Alternative to the PPP? Taking a Second Look at the Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) Program," co-author, Haynes and Boone client alert, May 1, 2020.
- "An Overview of the Midsize Business Loan Program under Title IV of the CARES Act," co-author, Haynes and Boone client alert, April 1, 2020.
- "Bridging the Gap - An Overview of SBA Loans under the Paycheck Protection Program," co-author, Haynes and Boone client alert, March 27, 2020.
- "Approaching Electronic Signature Platforms," co-author, Haynes and Boone client alert, March 26, 2020.
- "Interagency Statement Encourages Financial Institutions to Work with Customers Impacted by the Coronavirus Disease 2019," co-author, Haynes and Boone client alert, March 24, 2020.
- "SBA's COVID-19 Disaster Loan Program," co-author, Haynes and Boone client alert, March 24, 2020.
B.A., Economics, Business, University of Rochester, 2014, cum laude
J.D., Emory University School of Law, 2019, with Honors; Managing Editor, Emory International Law Review; President, Asian Pacific American Law Students Association; Dean’s Service Award
Intern to the Honorable Judge Matthew W. Williams, King County Superior Court, 2017
View a PDF of the January 2021 edition of the Haynes and Boone Media, Entertainment and First Amendment Newsletter. Evolving Trends in the Production and Distribution of Streaming Media I can still remember the days when I listened to amazing music as records would spin on a phonograph. It also seems like a short time ago when we inserted a VHS tape to view our favorite movie. Times have definitel [...]