We Know Insurance
Haynes and Boone’s Insurance Recovery Practice Group represents clients in all facets of their dealings with insurance carriers. Our experience covers a variety of insurance claims, including the following:
- General liability, products, E&O, D&O, employment practices, construction defect, and fiduciary liability claims for defense costs, judgments and settlements in underlying litigation
- First-party commercial property claims, including business interruption and builder’s risk
- Crime and fidelity claims
- Intellectual property claims
- Mortgage, trade credit, and other credit risk claims
- Marine, aviation, oil & gas, and environmental claims
- Professional malpractice claims
- Unfair claims handling, Stowers, insurance code and bad faith claims
- In addition to litigation, our coverage lawyers regularly advise clients in negotiating policy coverages, auditing existing insurance contracts and indemnities, insurer insolvencies, risk transfer, and insurance implications in commercial transactions
We Know Our Clients
Our clients rely on us in critical times of loss. We help businesses and individuals facing costly litigation or recovering from a catastrophic event to get the financial protection they deserve from their insurance carriers. While the goal to maximize recovery remains the same, each client’s path is different. We pursue insurance claims with a customized approach tailored to your specific needs. We learn your business, your risks and your objectives. Whether aggressive trial advocacy or discrete negotiation is required, we are committed to meeting your goals. We are more than litigators. We are trusted business advisors helping clients maximize insurance benefits.
We Offer Right-Sized Legal Solutions
Today’s commercial environment demands flexibility and adaptation to changing conditions. We are no different. Clients and claims come in all shapes and sizes. From the billion-dollar property loss to individual liability insurance claims, each client’s needs are significant. We have experience providing creative, efficient, right-size solutions to accommodate both your legal and financial objectives.
We Are a Team
Collaboration is a daily part of our practice. Our clients’ insurance claims often involve multiple and diverse legal issues from intellectual property law to bankruptcy, oil and gas law and securities regulation. When such matters arise, our insurance coverage group can draw upon the wealth of knowledge and experience provided by hundreds of firm lawyers in literally dozens of legal disciplines. The breadth and depth of firm experience allows us to provide unparalleled efficiency, responsiveness and client service in maximizing your insurance claim.
Our Community Matters
In 1998, the chair of our practice group pioneered the formation of the Insurance Law Section of the State Bar of Texas - a statewide organization of insurance coverage attorneys and industry representatives – helping them stay on the cutting edge of insurance law and industry trends for the benefit of our clients. Today, members of our insurance recovery group hold leadership positions in local, state and national bar organizations. Beyond the legal community, our coverage lawyers also give countless hours of service each year to pro bono clients as well as charitable, educational and religious organizations.