With extensive experience in China, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and several other countries throughout Asia, Haynes and Boone provides clients with legal advice to assist them in managing the risks and maximize the opportunities associated with the global operations of their businesses.
Our multidisciplinary group has experience in counseling companies, investment and commercial banks and private equity funds and venture capital funds doing business in Asia, as well as Asia-based companies and commercial banks conducting business in the United States and worldwide, and includes lawyers with language capabilities such as Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean, Taiwanese and Japanese.
Corporate INTL Magazine named Haynes and Boone the 2014 China-US Cross Border M&A Law Firm of the Year for California, honoring Shanghai Administrative Partner Liza Mark and Palo Alto Partner Yan Zhang.
We have established relationships with the top law firms and lawyers located across Asia and can secure the best local counsel for the particular project. In addition, we are members of the World Services Group and TechLaw, organizations that also facilitate our global reach.
Our Asia Practice focuses on providing a full range of legal services including:
- Merger, acquisitions, and joint ventures
- Private equity and venture capital investments
- U.S. trade cases including, antidumping, Section 337 and countervailing duty investigations
- Finance, including multi-currency and tranche lending and project finance
- Technology transactions, including business process outsourcing
- Intellectual property counseling and litigation
- Antitrust cases in the U.S. and Asia involving both U.S. and Asian clients
- Property and project development, including environmental and land-use projects
- Worldwide protection of intellectual property including patents, copyrights and trademarks
- Employment and privacy considerations for companies operating in multiple countries
- Taxation in the U.S. and internationally of both U.S. and Asian companies
- Litigation and arbitration in both U.S. and Asian venues
- Global hedge and other investment fund formation and their related activities