Purvi Patel Albers focuses on brand management, including domestic and international trademark portfolio protection and enforcement, and has extensive experience with trade dress and copyright counseling, IP licensing, social media, and cybersquatting and Internet issues. She counsels Fortune 500 companies and high growth ventures on the protection of their valuable brand investments and in recent years has been singled out by World Trademark Review 1000, Globe Business Publishing, Ltd., for her "sophisticated brand management skills" and "incisive analysis, commercial awareness, and fast turnaround times." Purvi’s commitment to her clients has been recognized by the International Law Office (ILO) and Lexology in their Client Choice Awards - 2015, wherein she was awarded the exclusive winner of the Client Service award for Intellectual Property: Trademarks category. Purvi also spent four months as acting trademark counsel for a leading global Internet retailer.
Her primary practice focus includes:
- Conducting domestic and foreign trademark and trade name clearance for established and emerging companies.
- Counseling clients regarding product and packaging design protection and clearance, including for footwear, jewelry, furniture, and household products.
- Recovering trademark domain names through Uniform Dispute Resolution Proceedings (UDRP).
- Counseling clients regarding on-line privacy issues, sweepstakes issues, advertising issues, and website policies.
- Maintaining and enforcing client trademark rights through opposition and cancellation proceedings with the U.S. Trademark Trial & Appeal Board.
- Various trademark infringement suits, including trade dress infringement and domain name disputes under the U.S. Anti-Cybersquatting Act (ACPA).
- Various copyright infringement suits, in areas including jewelry design and software end-user copying matters.
- Maintaining and enforcing domestic intellectual property rights through record of intellectual property with the U.S. Customs Bureau.
Purvi is on the Board of Directors of the International Trademark Association (INTA) and co-chaired INTA's 2013 Annual Meeting.