Charles Beckham has more than thirty years experience helping a broad spectrum of clients with bankruptcy and insolvency problems.
He has assisted in a variety of transactions including:
- Represents Houston Regional Sports Network, LP in its Chapter 11 in Houston, Texas
- Represents Agent for DIP Lenders in ATP Oil and Gas Corp. Chapter 11 pending in Houston, Texas
- Represented Agent for Senior Secure Lenders in Chapter 11 of Trinity Coal Corporation pending in Lexington, Kentucky
- Represented think3 Inc., a global leader in the computer-aided design (CAD) and product lifecycle management (PLM) software in its Chapter 11 bankruptcy case. Confirmed a Plan of Reorganization for this Austin, Texas-based company which operated internationally in Europe and Japan
- Represented Grupo Mexico, SA in the successful reorganization of ASARCO, LLP in its Chapter 11 proceeding in Corpus Christi, Texas. The AMC Plan of Reorganization resolved billions of dollars of claims and was confirmed over the objection of numerous creditors and other parties in interest
- Represented Lothian Oil, Inc., the Debtor in the Chapter 11 of this independent oil exploration and production company pending in the Western District of Texas
- Represented Newfield Exploration Company in purchase of TXCO Resources, Inc.'s assets in Chapter 11
- Represented Agent for Bank Group in Chapter 11 of Magnolia Energy, L.P., the owner of a 900-MW power plant located in Mississippi
- Represented the Co-Chair of the Creditors Committee in Chapter 11 of Enron Corp.
- Represented Calyon (now known as Credit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank) in Chapter 11 proceeding of Yukos Oil Company pending in Houston, Texas. Obtained dismissal of Adversary Proceeding filed against Calyon and other lenders
- Represented Agent for Working Capital Lenders in Chapter 11 of Texas Petrochemicals, L.P.
- Represented Agent for Bank Group in Chapter 11 of MFI Partners, LP, a franchisee of a nationwide chain of limited service hotels. Confirmed Creditor Plan of Reorganization over objection of Debtor
- Represented Agent for Bank Group in Chapter 11 of Tri-Union Development Corporation. Recovered full amount of claim in approximate amount of $125 million for Bank Group pursuant to Plan of Reorganization
- Represented Agent for Bank Group in the out-of-court restructuring of Darling International, Inc., the largest independent publicly held rendering company in the United States
- Represented the Receiver for World Manufacturing Ltd. and Manufacturera del Bravo, Ltd., two British Virgin Island corporations with operations in the United States and Mexico. Assisted the Receiver in the recovery of assets in the United States, Mexico, the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, the Turks and Caicos Islands and Switzerland
- Has represented secured lenders, unsecured creditors, debtors and trustees in a variety of industries including numerous oil and gas, power and energy related bankruptcies
- Has represented numerous debtors and creditors with cross-border bankruptcy and insolvency problems in Mexico
- "The Ins and Outs of U.S. and Mexican Enforcement and Insolvency Procedures," panelist, Haynes and Boone Seminar: Going South: Issues in Cross-Border Insolvency and Restructuring between the U.S. and Mexico, September 2013