Mike Boone is one of the co-founders of the firm. He has more than 40 years of experience in mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, securities transactions, and board of director representations. Mike has been selected as one of the 25 greatest Texas lawyers of the past quarter-century and the “Go-To-Lawyer” in Texas in the field of corporate/business law by Texas Lawyer Magazine, ALM Media Properties, LLC, 2010. He was also named a "2015 Lawyer of the Year" in Corporate Governance by Best Lawyers, Woodward/White, Inc., 2015, and was recognized by Chambers USA 2015 as one of the leading practitioners in Texas for Corporate/M&A, Chambers & Partners, 2015.
Mike was selected chair of the Southern Methodist University (SMU) Board of Trustees in 2014. As chair, Boone leads the university’s 42-member governing board and serves as co-chair of SMU Unbridled: The Second Century Campaign, a program focused on raising $1 billion for scholarships, faculty and academic excellence, and campus housing. He also serves as the vice chair of the Dedman Law School’s Executive Board.
- The Ins and Outs in Drafting MAE/MAC Clauses, Termination Rights and Other Heavily Litigated Provisions in Acquisition Agreements
- Duty of Directors in Preventing Corporate Wrongdoing
- The Ins and Outs of Properly Organizing and Operating Special Independent Board Committees
- Making Board Minutes Count
- Advising the Independent Director in the Post-Enron Era
- Corporate Governance, Ethical Conduct and Public Disclosures in the Post-Enron Era
- The Ins and Outs of Audit Committees in the Post-Enron Era
- SEC Regulation Fair Disclosure (FD) - A Briefing for Corporate Directors
- The Ins and Outs in Handling Difficult Board Meetings - Practical Tips for Legal Advisors
- Mergers and Acquisitions - Dealing with Difficult Issues
- Techniques and Strategies in Protecting an Acquisition Transaction