Andy Ehmke is one of the lead partners in Haynes and Boone’s Patent Trials Practice Group, and focuses his practice on inter partes review and covered business method proceedings on behalf of technology companies. Prior to joining Haynes and Boone, Andy obtained a degree in computer science, worked as an information systems manager and consultant, and wrote software for hand-held computing devices. His technical areas of expertise include software, networking, cloud-based computing and services, and computing hardware.
Andy's experience includes:
- Representing clients in inter partes review and covered business method proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
- Developing patent defense strategies involving the interplay of patent opinions, licensing, litigation, and patent trials.
- Developing intellectual property portfolios for technology companies.
- Preparing and negotiation technology, software, patent, and know-how licenses.
Professional and Community Activities
- State Bar of Texas, Intellectual Property Law Section
- American Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association