Sam Lichtman is a partner in the Tax Practice Group in the New York office of Haynes and Boone, LLP. His practice is broad-based and focuses on mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings and joint ventures, with a particular emphasis on international transactions. He also has extensive experience advising financial institutions, multi-national corporations, private equity sponsors, investment funds and other business and investment entities with respect to cross-border structured investments and financings, financial products and capital markets transactions.
Professional and Community Activities
- American Bar Association (Tax Section)
- New York State Bar Association (Tax Section)
- The Loan Syndications and Trading Association Primary Market Committee
- International Fiscal Association
Selected Speeches and Presentations
- "Private Investment Funds' New Fatca Considerations," guest author, IFLR, November 7, 2013.
- "An Overview of Tax Provisions in Credit Agreements," Bank of America Presentation, June 13, 2012.