Catherine Robb is counsel in the Business Litigation Practice Group in the Austin office of Haynes and Boone, LLP. Catherine represents clients in the broadcast industry. Her practice is focused on commercial and business litigation, First Amendment litigation, pre-publication review and editing, copyright and trademark litigation, general commercial litigation, open government issues and privacy concerns. She advises clients concerning media law issues for an extensive array of content providers including online and traditional newspapers, magazines, radio and broadcasters, cable television stations, production companies and music entities.
Selected Client Representations
- McClain v. USA Today Newspaper, 2010 WL 2404651 (Tex. App. - Dallas 2010).
- Rosenfeld v. Twentieth Century Fox Film Corp., 37 Med. L. Rptr. 1348 (C.D. Cal. 2009).
- In re BP Products North America Inc., 263 S.W.3d 117 (Tex. App. - Hou. [1st Dist.] 2006, no pet.).
Selected Publications and Speeches
- "Lawsuits Over Political Ads Raise Questions Over Defamation," interviewee, KVUE News, May 2012.
- "Beyond Thunderdome: The Internet and Social media get Political," KVUE News, May 2012.
- "Strategies for Efficiently and Economically Winning a Media Case," co-author, ABA/TIPS Media Newsletter, Spring 2011.
- Reporter's Privilege Compendium, co-author, The Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press, 2010.
- "Local Non-Profit Threatened with Lawsuit Over Documentary Showing," Interviewee, KVUE News, April 2010.