Matthew Schindel is a partner in Haynes and Boone's Real Estate section. He has developed a corporate-type practice concentrating primarily on private equity transactions. He has substantial experience in negotiating complex, non-public transactions involving multiple parties with adverse interests.
Matthew regularly advises his clients on many types of non-public transactions, including drafting and negotiation of partnership and limited liability company agreements, asset and stock acquisitions, mergers, financing arrangements, employment matters, executive compensation matters, and other general business and contractual matters.
Matthew has represented clients in the following:
- Representation of a real estate company on the formation of an open-ended real estate fund with taxable and tax-exempt investors.
- The development, construction, and financing of the $435 million American Airlines Center, the multi-purpose sports and entertainment facility located in Dallas, Texas.
- The acquisition and development of the Victory project, a $3 billion master-planned, mixed-use development surrounding American Airlines Center.
- Formation of a series limited partnership to acquire and redevelop a landmark building in New York City.
- Sale of a controlling interest in the Dallas Mavericks basketball team.
- Formation of an investment partnership to acquire a partially constructed condominium project in Florida.
- Formation of an investment partnership for the acquisition of a portfolio of single family residential lots throughout Arizona.
- Formation of limited liability company to develop a $350 million portfolio of retail centers in the State of Florida.
- Development of various residential properties including Stonebriar Park in Frisco, Texas and Black Sands Beach in Mauna Lani, Hawaii.
- Formation of joint venture to develop $85 million luxury hotel in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Formation of a limited liability company to develop a $450 million portfolio of retail centers throughout the Midwest of the United States.
- Development of numerous medical office buildings and ambulatory surgical centers.
- Acquisition and development of numerous hotel projects in Dallas, Memphis, New York.
- Formation of numerous partnerships, limited partnerships, and limited liability companies with third parties across the country to acquire various properties and companies.
Professional and Community Activities
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers