Simin Sun is an associate in the Mergers and Acquisitions, Capital Markets and Securities and Energy Practice Groups in the Houston Office of Haynes and Boone, LLP.
His practice is primarily focused on corporate securities, mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings, corporate governance, cross border transactions and other corporate matters. He assists clients in various corporate matters including equity financings for privately and publicly held companies, reporting obligations under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, stock and asset acquisitions, compliance with corporate governance regulations, public and private securities offerings and other securities transactions.
Example transactions in which Simin has participated include his representation of:
- Consolidated Graphics, Inc. in a public merger transaction with R.R. Donnelley & Sons Co.
- A private E&P company in a $250 million Rule 144A note offering and subsequent $250 million tack-on offering
- A private company in the funeral home business in a $50 million acquisition of assets pursuant to a FTC Ordered Divestiture
- A large independent energy retailer in a private merger to form one of the largest independent energy retailers in Canada
- Potentia Energy, LLC in its sale to Verde Energy USA Texas, LLC, which has approximately 300,000 customers and is focused on the residential and small to mid-size commercial power markets
- A privately held hospitality company in a $250 million senior note Rule 144A tack-on offering
- A national bank in a Chapter 11 reorganization of a coal mining company
- A private multinational oil and gas company in a reorganization of its corporate structure
- A sale of a private fuel lubricants company to a strategic buyer
- A sale of a medical waste transportation company to a strategic buyer
- "Damages Limitations in NDAs and Confidentiality Agreements," co-author with Debra Hatter, January 2012