Buddy Clark is head of the Energy Practice Group focusing his practice in oil and gas finance, representing banks, private capital providers and producers in secured and unsecured credit transactions and equity investments; transactional energy law, including oil and gas exploration, production and development, and midstream acquisitions, joint developments and partnerships; and energy related litigation and bankruptcies.
Selected Client Representations
- Energy lenders in senior and mezzanine syndicated, club and sole bank facilities ($10 million to $3 billion) in connection with secured reserve based oil and gas production loans, including preparation and negotiation of credit facilities, mortgages and related loan documents
- Representation of capital providers and management teams for exploration and production companies
- General legal advice to oil and gas companies on various transactional matters including multi-state producing property acquisitions, reserved based and production payment financings, dispute resolution and operating matters
- Acquisition of producing properties in Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, North Dakota, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Alabama, Kansas, Pennsylvania, W. Virginia and Gulf of Mexico
- Workouts and debt restructurings on behalf of energy lenders and borrowers in multi-state secured oil and gas production loans and bankruptcy related oil and gas producing property acquisitions
- Formerly special counsel to the Executive Director for U.S. Emergency Oil & Gas Loan Guaranty Board