Buddy Clark focuses his practice in energy finance, including representation of lenders, private capital providers and energy companies in secured and unsecured credit transactions and equity investments; transactional energy law, including oil and gas exploration, production and development, acquisitions, title and partnerships; independent power projects; and energy related litigation.
Selected Client Representations
Selected Publications and Presentations
- Energy lenders in senior and mezzanine syndicated, club and sole bank facilities ($10 million to $3 billion) in connection with secured reserve based oil and gas production loans, including preparation and negotiation of credit facilities, mortgages and related loan documents.
- Representation of capital providers and management teams for exploration and production companies.
- General legal advice to oil and gas companies on various transactional matters including multi-state producing property acquisitions, reserved based and production payment financings, dispute resolution, and operating matters.
- Acquisition of producing properties in Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, North Dakota, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Alabama, Kansas, Pennsylvania, W. Virginia, and Gulf of Mexico.
- Workouts and debt restructurings on behalf of energy lenders and borrowers in multi-state secured oil and gas production loans and bankruptcy related oil and gas producing property acquisitions.
- Formerly special counsel to the Executive Director for U.S. Emergency Oil & Gas Loan Guaranty Board.
- "New Paradigm in E&P Finance," guest article, Oil & Gas Monitor, March 10, 2014.