Kourtney Lyda is in the Business Reorganization and Bankruptcy Practice Group of Haynes and Boone, LLP. Her practice is focused on the areas of bankruptcy and insolvency law and related litigation.
Selected Client Representation
- Representation of ATA Airlines, Inc. in a chapter 11 bankruptcy case involving the wind-down and liquidation of its operations and assets
- Representation of the DIP Agent and Pre-Petition Second Lien Agent in the chapter 11 case of Marcal Paper Mills, Inc. on behalf of the secured lenders who are owed collectively over $140 million
- Representation of Gemini Air Cargo, Inc. and its affiliates in a pre-negotiated chapter 11 bankruptcy involving a debt for equity conversion and emergence under a plan of reorganization within six months
- Representation of Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings, Inc., and its affiliates in their chapter 11 cases, one of the 10 largest bankruptcy filings in 2004
- Representation of secured lenders in the Galey & Lord Industries, Inc. -- Chapter 11 case
- Representation of secured lenders, unsecured creditors and debtors in a variety of industries including numerous oil and gas, power and energy related bankruptcies.
Recent Speeches and Publications
- State Bar of Texas, Bankruptcy Law Section Newsletter, Co-Editor Spring 2003-present.