Haynes and Boone, LLP provides legal services to clients throughout Asia, including China, India, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, and Taiwan. We have extensive experience counseling clients doing business in Asia, as well as Asia-based companies conducting business in, or considering entering into, the Americas and worldwide, and we are well-versed in Asian business, culture and custom. With the opening of our Shanghai office, the firm is positioned to take advantage of the steady growth of the global economy, particularly the expansion of trade and investment between Asia and North and South America.
Corporate INTL Magazine named Haynes and Boone the 2014 China-US Cross Border M&A Law Firm of the Year for California, honoring Shanghai Administrative Partner Liza Mark and Palo Alto Partner Yan Zhang.
Our Asia Practice focuses on providing a full range of domestic and cross-border legal services, including:
- Mergers, acquisitions (including CFIUS planning and compliance for U.S. acquisitions), “going-private” transactions and joint ventures
- Private equity and venture capital investments
- Capital markets and finance, including commercial and multilateral agency lending
- Project finance
- Restructuring services
- IP prosecution and technology transactions, including business process outsourcing
- Taxation in the U.S. and internationally of both U.S. and Asian companies
- Global hedge, private equity, venture, fund-of-fund and other investment fund formation and regulatory compliance
- Energy and infrastructure
- Real estate, including commercial, retail and hotels
- Labor and compliance counseling (FCPA, investigations and training)
- Litigation services, including IP litigation and international dispute resolution and arbitration
- International trade matters (antidumping and countervailing duty cases and prevention)
The Shanghai office of Haynes and Boone serves private and public companies, entrepreneurs, private investors, and regional government-sponsored enterprises in cross-border business transactions, with a particular focus on energy and infrastructure, technology, telecommunication, and financial and restructuring services. Haynes and Boone represents clients that trade on all of the major U.S. securities exchanges. We also support our clients in worldwide financial markets, including the London Stock Exchange Alternative Investment Market (AIM), the Toronto Stock Exchange, the Mexican Stock Exchange and the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.