Benjamin Baucom is a partner in the Finance Practice Group in Haynes Boone’s Charlotte office.
Ben’s practice focuses on the representation of bank and other financial institution clients in senior lending transactions. He has experience representing lead arrangers, agent banks and lenders in structuring, negotiating, and documenting both secured and unsecured credit facilities in syndicated, club, and single-lender deals. Ben’s practice encompasses both middle-market and investment-grade financings for public, private, and sponsor portfolio companies spanning a broad range of industries in connection with the financing of strategic acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, recapitalizations, and general working capital needs. His experience frequently includes borrowers with a global presence that necessitate multicurrency and cross-border financing solutions.
- $800 million senior secured credit facilities (comprised of a $450 million multicurrency revolving credit facility and a $350 million term loan B) for a publicly listed Canadian multinational electronic manufacturing services company, and in connection with the subsequent advance of a $365 million term loan A and an incremental $150 million increase in the multicurrency revolving credit facility to finance a strategic add-on acquisition of a multinational target.
- $1,130 million senior secured credit facilities (comprised of a $185 million multicurrency revolving credit facility, a $120 million revolving credit facility, a $425 million term loan A and a $400 million term loan B) for a privately held, US-based multinational agricultural products company.
- $450 million senior secured multicurrency revolving credit facility for a publicly listed multinational insurance claims management company.
- $200 million bilateral senior secured revolving credit facility for a publicly listed multinational social video game maker, and in connection with the subsequent refinancing and upsizing to a $425 million syndicated senior secured revolving credit facility in connection with a strategic add-on acquisition.
- $450 million senior secured credit facilities (comprised of a $150 million multicurrency revolving credit facility, a $230 million term loan and a $70 million Euro-denominated term loan) to finance the acquisition of a multinational flexible packaging manufacturer.
- $160 million senior secured credit facilities to finance the leveraged buyout by a finance the leveraged buyout by a financial sponsor of a home cleaning systems manufacturer.
Some of these representations were handled by Ben prior to joining Haynes Boone.
J.D., Duke University School of Law, 2011, with honors
B.A., Harvard University, 2006
Haynes and Boone, LLP is pleased to welcome Charlie Harris, Ben Baucom, MacKenzie Henry, Isaac Neill and Ben Owens as Charlotte-based partners in the firm’s Finance Practice. The five-lawyer team has significant experience representing lenders and borrowers in complex financing transactions including leveraged finance, acquisition finance, asset-based lending and investment grade loan transactions [...]