Live the Haynes Boone Experience
Where We Recruit
We recruit nationally. Today more than 40 percent of our lawyers are graduates of law schools located outside the state of Texas, and the members of our firm have graduated from nearly 150 colleges, universities and law schools.
Nine to Ten Weeks of Career Development, Network Building and In-Depth Mentorship Experience
- Attend meetings, depositions, court hearings and more to gain experience as a lawyer at Haynes Boone
- Paired with supervising partner and associate mentors that will work with you every day throughout the summer
- Gain substantive skills and legal insight by attending regular practice group meetings where legal training is provided
It has been our practice to set Summer Associate salaries at the weekly equivalent of our first-year associate salary.
Additional Summer Programs and Information
- "Welcome to Big Law," panel where members of firm leadership, including our Firm-Wide Entry-Level Hiring Partner, Brad Holdbrook, give an overview of Big Law, share about the business of law, and provide advice for best practices during the 1L recruiting process.
- LGBTQ+ panel, moderated by Wilson Miller, where our attorneys give an overview of Diversity and Inclusion at the firm and our LGBTQ+ initiatives. You will also hear more information about our summer programs and Diversity Scholarship opportunities.
- "Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Initiatives," panel where members of firm leadership, including our Chief DEI Officer Sharon Jones, along with other attorneys including Vera Suarez, Tom Chen, Khalil Bryant, and Neil Issar give an overview of the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Initiatives at the firm and much more!
- Oil and Gas / Energy Panel, virtual panel where attorneys in our Oil and Gas and Energy practice groups discuss their practices, a day in their lives, and how the industry has evolved over time. You will hear from Carlos Carrasco, Liz Felicidario, Garrett Martin, Camie McKee, and Jeff Nichols. Panelists also discuss 1L opportunities for the upcoming 2024 Summer.
- Intellectual Property, virtual panel where members from our IP practices, Raghav Bajaj, Joe Lawlor, Jamie Raju, and Lyric Stephenson, give an overview of the firms Intellectual Property practices, a look into the day to day life as an Intellectual Property attorney, and much more!
- General Litigation, virtual panel where attorneys in our litigation groups share information on their practice areas, their favorite parts of working in the litigation space, the unique work they do, and our 2024 1L opportunities.
- "Why HB and East Coast 1L Programs," virtual panel where attorneys across our four East Coast Offices share details on their offices, summer programs, and what makes Haynes Boone’s East Coast Offices unique. You will hear from Erin Hennessy, Justin Riess, Todd Garland, Vince Shier, Angel Rendon, and Karina Oshunkentan on this panel.
- "Why HB + West Coast 1L Program Overview” virtual panel where members from our west coast offices, Mark Erickson, Brian Kwok, Jason Lao, Andrea Levenson, and Benjamin Pelletier, provide an overview of the firm and our practices in the west coast offices as well as our 1L summer programs.
- "General Transactional," virtual panel where attorneys from different transactional groups provide insight into their areas of expertise, providing examples on the work they do, their day-to-day lives, and different ways to get involved in recruiting and life at the firm.
The Diversity Scholarships have been established to attract outstanding students to the private practice of law while helping these students be successful in law school through both work and mentorship experiences. Visit the Diversity Scholars Opportunities page for full details about this program.
Our 2024 Summer Associates Brochure contains detailed information about your experience as a Summer Associate with Haynes Boone.
Haynes Boone would like to formally invite all first-year law students to join us for our Virtual Nationwide Panel Series. Please see the link below for the 10 panels we are hosting this fall. We hope you will join us!