Justin Riess focuses on leveraged finance, specialty finance, private equity finance and syndicated lending. As a partner in our Finance Practice Group, Justin represents lenders and borrowers in a variety of complex transactions.
Justin works with financial institutions, lenders, investors and borrowers in leveraged finance and debt financings, as well as other secured and unsecured lending transactions. His practice focuses primarily on transactions involving franchise finance, defense and aerospace, maritime and industrial growth companies.
Chambers USA, Chambers and Partners, listed Justin as a leading attorney in Banking & Finance for the last eight years including naming him as an Up and Coming Lawyer from 2015-2016. Justin was included in The Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Inc., for Banking and Finance Law in 2021-2023. He was named a Rising Star in banking by Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, in 2014.
- Advised lead arranger in connection with a senior secured credit facility for healthcare practice in South Florida.
- Advised primary lender in connection with the financing of a vegan beauty supply company.
- Advised lead arranger and administrative agent in connection with a senior secured credit facility to a portfolio company of a private equity sponsor in the insurance and brokerage business.
- Advised private equity sponsor in connection with its investment in a general industrial company with operations in the United States and Canada.
- Advised primary lender in connection with a financing used to develop the headquarters of a professional sports franchise.
- Advised AMN Healthcare, Inc. in connection with a senior secured financing for working capital and acquisitions.
- Advised lead arranger in connection with a credit facility for the acquisition of a water tower maintenance and inspection services company with operations in the United States and Canada by a private equity fund.
- Advised lead lender in secured loan transaction to a high net worth individual to purchase a ranch property in Texas.
- Vanderbilt Law School Board of Advisors
- Girls on the Run Charlotte, Advisory Board Member (2016-2020)
- Recognized in Chambers USA, Chambers and Partners, in Banking & Finance, 2023
- "Limited Liability Companies," Vanderbilt Law School, 2020
J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School, 2001
B.S., Vanderbilt University, 1996
Haynes and Boone, LLP lawyers and practices, spanning the firm’s 16 U.S. offices, were recognized as industry leaders in Chambers USA 2023 (Chambers and Partners). Chambers USA 2023 recognized 75 Haynes Boone lawyers and 31 practices, the highest ever totals for the firm. Haynes Boone highlights from the Chambers USA 2023 directory include: Three practices were added to Chambers USA’s nationwide d [...]