Justin Riess focuses on leveraged finance, specialty finance, private equity finance and syndicated lending. As a partner in our Finance Practice Group, Justin represents lenders and borrowers in a variety of complex transactions.
Justin works with financial institutions, lenders, investors and borrowers in leveraged finance and debt financings, as well as other secured and unsecured lending transactions. His practice focuses primarily on transactions involving franchise finance, defense and aerospace, maritime and industrial growth companies.
Chambers USA, Chambers and Partners, listed Justin in Band 4 in 2019-2021, as a recommended practitioner in 2017-2018 and identified him as an Up and Coming Lawyer from 2015-2016. Justin was included in The Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Inc. for Banking and Finance Law in 2021-2022. He was named a Rising Star in banking by Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, in 2014.
Professional and Community Activities
- Advisory Board Member, Girls on the Run Charlotte
Selected Publications and Speeches
- "Limited Liability Companies," Vanderbilt Law School 2018
- Advised lead arranger in connection with a senior secured credit facility for the second largest franchisee of Burger King restaurants.
- Advised primary lender in connection with the financing of an Oceanco yacht for a high net worth individual.
- Advised lead arranger and administrative agent in connection with a senior secured credit facility to a portfolio company of a private equity sponsor in the insurance and brokerage business.
- Advised private equity sponsor in connection with its investment in a specialty chemical company with operations in the United States, Canada, England and the Netherlands.
- Advised primary lender in connection with its debt and equity investments in an early education company.
- Advised AMN Healthcare, Inc. in connection with a senior secured financing for working capital and acquisitions.
- Advised sponsor and borrower in connection with a credit facility for the acquisition of IHOP restaurants in Georgia and Texas.
- Advised sponsor and borrower in connection with acquisition of Dairy Queen restaurants in Texas.
- Advised lead arranger and administrative agent in connection with senior secured credit facilities for global steel manufacturer.
Some of the above representations were handled by Justin prior to joining Haynes and Boone.
B.S., Vanderbilt University, 1996
J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School, 2001
Haynes and Boone, LLP had another impressive showing in The Best Lawyers in America directory published by Woodward/White, Inc., with a cross section of lawyers from offices across the country recognized in the 2022 edition. The guide includes more than 100 firm lawyers from the Austin, Charlotte, Chicago, Costa Mesa, Dallas, Dallas-North, Denver, Fort Worth, Houston, New York, Palo Alto, San Anto [...]