Mergers and Acquisitions
We know that your transaction could be one of the most significant events you and your company will experience. Our M&A team will give it the attention it merits, focusing on the deal’s unique business objectives and handling any unexpected roadblocks or special circumstances. We’re efficient and strategic, working as a team to help you avoid problems and leverage opportunities on the path to your success.
We’re a powerful force in middle-market deals. Clients have turned to us to help close more than 500 transactions in the last five years. We routinely represent financial sponsors including private equity funds, public companies, closely held companies, founders and family businesses.
We’re always ready to roll up our sleeves and get deals done, including:
- Leveraged buyouts
- Private equity M&A transactions
- Corporate strategic acquisitions and divestitures
- Asset transactions
- Stock purchase agreements
- Mergers and consolidations
- Distressed transactions
- Strategic alliances
- Tender offers
- Activist investor defense
- Cross-border transactions
- Going-private transactions
- Hostile takeovers
- Joint ventures
- Proxy contests
We pair our knowledge with individualized attention and uncommon responsiveness. Our cross-functional teams leverage the experience of lawyers from many of our other practices, including tax, real estate, intellectual property, ERISA and employee benefits, environmental, antitrust and bankruptcy.
Situations can change on a dime, so clients appreciate that we are nimble and proactive, providing what they need when they need it. We go the extra mile, delivering value-added services and practical solutions that exceed their expectations and help them achieve their business goals.
Recent industry recognition of our M&A practice includes:
- BTI Consulting Group – Recognized for excellent service in the BTI Consulting Group’s 2021 Client Service A-Team and named in its Most Recommended Law Firms 2021 report.
- Chambers USA, Chambers and Partners – Ranked in Corporate/M&A (Texas) in 2021.
- U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” – National Tier 2 ranking in: Corporate Law, 2021
- The Global M&A Network – M&A Atlas Awards:
- Global M&A Network Awards 2021 – “Energy M&A Law Firm of the Year” and Private Equity Acquisitions “Private Equity Deal of the Year.”
- U.S.A. 2020 – “Large Middle-Market M&A Deal of the Year” ($500-$1 billon) and “Sub-Sectors Energy & Services M&A Deal of the Year.”
The temporary freeze on mergers and acquisitions in the food and beverage space seen in the early days of the coronavirus outbreak is long gone as deal making in the segment rebounded in 2021 to levels rivaling pre-pandemic – but many of the companies targeted and the deals offered are notably smaller than those of the past decade. In a recent episode of “Investing in the Future of Food,” Haynes a [...]