Josh Reisman is an associate in the Mergers and Acquisitions Practice Group in the Denver office of Haynes and Boone, LLP.
Josh focuses his practice on private and public mergers and acquisitions, SPACs, venture capital, private equity and other complex domestic and international transactions for clients in a variety of industries, including the health care, technology, financial services, retail, media and entertainment sectors. Josh regularly advises both public and private companies, including private equity funds, strategic investors, and financial institutions in connection with mergers and acquisitions, dispositions and carve-outs, joint ventures, controlling and minority investments, shareholder activism, corporate governance and general corporate matters.
Prior to joining Haynes and Boone, Josh began his career as an M&A associate in the New York office of Latham & Watkins, LLP. Josh earned his J.D. from the New York University School of Law, where he served as an executive editor of the New York University Law Review.
- Avantax, Inc., a tax-focused financial planning and wealth management company, in its $1.2 billion take-private sale to Cetera Financial Group.
- Opiant Pharmaceuticals Inc., a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company developing new treatments for addiction and drug overdose, in its take-private sale to Indivior for up to $213 million in upfront cash and contingent sales-based milestones.*
- Authentic Brands Group, a global brand development, marketing, and entertainment platform, in its pending acquisition of Boardriders, a global action sports and lifestyle company, from funds managed by Oaktree Capital Management.*
- New Relic in defense of a campaign by JANA Partners seeking board representation and governance changes.*
- New Relic in defense of a campaign by Engaged Capital seeking board representation and governance changes.*
- Silver Lake Partners in its $500 million investment in Shadowbox Studios.*
- Endeavor in the acquisition of multiple MLB Professional Development League Clubs, and the creation of Diamond Baseball Holdings.*
- Transfix Inc., a digital freight platform, in its $1.1 billion merger with G Squared Ascend I, Inc., a special purpose acquisition company (terminated).*
- Aspiration Partners, Inc., in its $315 million incremental equity financing from funds managed by Oaktree Capital Management and investment affiliates of Steve Ballmer.*
- Aspiration Partners, Inc., a leading sustainability services platform, in its $2.3 billion merger with InterPrivate III Financial Partners Inc., a special purpose acquisition company (terminated).*
- Offerpad, Inc., a digital real estate platform, in its $3 billion merger with Supernova Partners Acquisition Company, Inc., a special purpose acquisition company.*
- Cyxtera Technologies Inc., a provider of mission-critical retail colocation and interconnection services, in its $3.4 billion merger with Starboard Value Acquisition Corp, a special purpose acquisition company.*
- Talkspace, Inc., a virtual behavioral healthcare company, in its $1.4 billion merger with Hudson Executive Investment Corp, a special purpose acquisition company.*
- Global Infrastructure Partners in its $630 million sale of Competitive Power Ventures to OPC Energy, a publicly traded Israeli electricity company.*
- Hyundai Motor Group in its acquisition of an 80% interest in Boston Dynamics from SoftBank in a transaction valuing Boston Dynamics at $1.1 billion.*
- Opendoor Labs Inc., a digital real estate platform, in its $4.8 billion merger with Social Capital Hedosophia Holdings II, a special purpose acquisition company.*
- GCM Grosvenor, a global alternative asset management firm, in its $2 billion merger with CF Finance Acquisition Corp, a special purpose acquisition company.*
- Cordelio Power in the acquisition of two wind development projects in Illinois.*
- Kayne Anderson in the acquisition and tax equity financing of a utility-scale solar energy generation facility in North Carolina.*
- Kayne Anderson in the acquisition of three utility-scale solar energy generation facilities in North Carolina.*
- ConnectGen in the formation of a 50-50 joint venture and acquisition and tax equity financing of three utility-scale solar facilities in the Southwest US.*
*Matter handled prior to joining Haynes and Boone.
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) Denver’s Leadership 20 (Class of 2024)
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- “Proactively Adopting a Poison Pill in Response to the COVID-19 Crisis,” co-author, Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance, April 8, 2020.
J.D., New York University School of Law, 2019, Executive Editor, New York University Law Review
B.A., George Washington University, 2016, magna cum laude
Haynes and Boone, LLP represented Avantax, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVTA), a leader in tax-focused financial planning and wealth management, in its take-private sale to Aretec Group, Inc., the holding company of Cetera Financial Group, Inc. (and portfolio company of Genstar Capital), a retail investment advice platform and network of independent financial advisors. Under the terms of the agreement, Cetera wi [...]