Kraig Grahmann represents banks, private capital providers, and upstream energy companies in financing transactions and equity investments, and represents oil and gas companies in acquisition, divestiture, and joint development transactions. He also has significant experience working with International Swaps and Derivatives Association agreements and has been involved in a number of exploration and production bankruptcies.
Kraig’s client representations have included:
- Energy lenders in senior and mezzanine syndicated, club, and sole bank facilities ($10 million to $3 billion) in connection with secured reserve-based oil and gas production loans and development loans, including preparation and negotiation of credit facilities, intercreditor agreements, mortgages, and related loan documents
- Capital providers and management teams for exploration and production companies
- Acquisition and divestiture of oil and gas properties in Texas, Alabama, California, Colorado, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, Wyoming, and Gulf of Mexico
- Workouts and debt restructurings on behalf of energy lenders and borrowers and bankruptcy-related oil and gas transactions
Clients appreciate the deep marketplace and legal knowledge that informs Kraig’s counsel and enables him to skillfully negotiate on their behalf. With broad energy industry experience, Kraig holistically analyzes transactions and guides his clients through complex structures and changing circumstances.
Kraig was named a “Rising Star” by Texas Super Lawyers, 2014-2018 (Thomson Reuters). He is a frequent commentator and presenter on current legal and market developments in the oil and gas industry.
- Houston Bar Association: Oil, Gas & Mineral Law Section
- Houston Young Lawyers Association: Corporate Counsel Committee
- Texas Bar Association: Oil, Gas & Energy Resources Law Section
- Houston Producers' Forum
- CAIL Institute for Energy Law
- Young Energy Professionals Committee
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation
- Rice University Community Associate
- “E&P Capital in a Constrained Environment,” speaker, International Energy Credit Association, October 9, 2016.
- "Energy Finance Attorneys are Shifting Focus in Tough Times," author, Law360 , August 22, 2016.
- "Operator Distress Puts Non-Operators on High Alert," author, Oil Patch Bankruptcy, May 2, 2016.
- “The Impact of Declining Oil Prices on the US Energy Industry,” speaker, National Petroleum Energy Credit Association, April 19, 2016.
- "Subsurface Trespass at a Crossroads: Environmental Processing Systems, L.C. v. FPL Farming Ltd.," speaker, South Texas College of Law Energy Law Institute, August 27, 2014.
- "Betting on Prohibition: The Federal Government's Approach to Internet Gambling," author, Northwestern University Journal of Technology & Intellectual Property, V. 7, No. 2, 2009.
- "Garcetti v. Ceballos' Respect for Authority: Translating Enduring Principles into Modern Law," author, Ohio Northern University Law Review, V. 36, No. 1, 2010.
B.A., Political Science and Managerial Studies, Rice University, 2005, magna cum laude
J.D., University of Houston Law Center, 2008, cum laude; Order of the Barons; Notes and Comments Editor, Houston Law Review
Haynes and Boone, LLP and EnerCom, Inc. have released the second edition of their Oil & Gas ESG Tracker reflecting the transformative impact that ESG policies have had on U.S. onshore oil and gas producers. The Tracker captures ESG’s widespread adoption and growth in disclosures since the inaugural ESG tracker was published in March 2021. As stakeholders, investors and regulators continue to press [...]