Cameron Scales is an associate in the Private Equity Practice Group in the Dallas office of Haynes and Boone. His practice focuses on private equity and mergers and acquisitions. In addition, Cameron also represents public and private companies in a variety of corporate law and securities matters, including reporting obligations under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, corporate governance best practices and regulations, private securities offerings and other securities transactions, and preparing registration statements for public offerings.
Prior to his arrival at Haynes and Boone, Cameron served as a judicial intern to the Honorable Henry Hudson in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia in the summer of 2012. Prior to his time as a judicial intern, Cameron worked on a variety of political campaigns, ranging from local races to federal and statewide elections.
- Represented Capitol Services, a leading legal and corporate compliance services provider, in the sale of substantially all of its equity.
- Represented Liberty Energy Inc. in its purchase of Siren Energy Companies LLC, a Permian focused integrated natural gas compression and compressed natural gas delivery business.
- Represented Aggreko, a global supplier of mobile and modular power temperature control equipment and energy services, in its acquisition of Resolute Industrial, a leading provider of specialized temporary heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration solutions, from AE Industrial Partners.
- Represented Park Cities Equity Partners, a private equity buyer, in its take private acquisition of Elevate Credit, Inc., a public company and a leading tech enabled provider of innovative and responsible online credit solutions for non prime consumers, in an all cash merger with an implied equity value of approximately $67 million.
- Represented Blucora, Inc. in the $720 million sale of its tax software business, TaxAct, to an affiliate of Cinven Ltd., a UK based private equity fund.
- Represented Knight Security Systems, LLC in its acquisition by Mobile Communications America, Inc.
- Represented Landry's, Inc. in the sale of Golden Nugget Online Gaming, Inc. in a take public sale to Landcadia Holdings II, Inc., a publicly held special purpose acquisition company (SPAC), as part of a $745 million de SPAC Transition.
- Represented ProPath Holdings, PLLC in the sale of 100% of its membership interests to Sonic USA Holdings, Inc.
- Represented Brookshire Grocery Co. in its acquisition of Reasor’s Foods, including 17 supermarkets and a convenience store in Oklahoma.
- Represented an equipment rental company in connection with a sale of substantially all of its assets.
- Represented SignalPath LLC, a portfolio company of Highlander Partners, in its sale to Verily Life Sciences LLC, an Alphabet company.
- Represented Satuit Technologies, Inc., a global leader in asset management CRM software solutions, in its sale of its equity to Tier1CRM Corp., a. provider of CRM, AML compliance and fraud prevention solutions.
- Represented Paltalk, Inc. in its acquisition of ManyCam assets from Visicom Media Inc.
- Represented Stream Gas & Electric, Ltd. in the sale of its retail energy business to NRG Retail LLC, a subsidiary of NRG Energy, Inc.
- Represented the parent company of Dairy.com, a dairy industry supply chain technology provider, in its sale and merger into a subsidiary of an independent sponsor.
- Represented a marketing solutions company in the sale of its equity to a private equity buyer.
- Represented Gauge Capital in its acquisition of certain assets in the cosmetic industry.
- Represented a marina investment, management and operations company in its purchase of all of the equity interests of Miami Beach Marina Associates, Ltd.
- Represented Inthinc, inc., a telematics solutions provider focused on fleet management and driver safety solutions, in its sale to ORBCOMM Inc., a leading global provider of Machine-to Machine and Internet of Things solutions.
- Represented Wingate Partners in its acquisition of Binswanger Glass, a seller and installer of glass-related products for commercial, residential and automotive use.
- Represented Hyla Mobile, Inc. in its acquisition by Assurant, Inc.
- Represented CHRISTUS Health in its acquisition of Good Shepherd Health System, Inc.
- Included in the "Ones to Watch" category of The Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Inc., 2022-2024
B.A., Elon University, 2012, cum laude
J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 2016, Virginia Law & Business Review
Legal Intern to the Honorable Judge Henry Hudson, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, 2012
Haynes and Boone, LLP Partner John McGowan led a team that represented Capitol Services, LLC in securing an investment from Clearview Capital Fund IV, L.P and its affiliates. The transaction closed in April 2023. Founded in 1978 and headquartered in Austin, TX, Capitol Services is a tech-enabled provider of outsourced legal and compliance services. Clearview has a proven track record of helping en [...]