Cameron Scales is an associate in the Private Equity Practice Group in the Dallas office of Haynes and Boone. His practice focuses on private equity and mergers and acquisitions. In addition, Cameron also represents public and private companies in a variety of corporate law and securities matters, including reporting obligations under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, corporate governance best practices and regulations, private securities offerings and other securities transactions, and preparing registration statements for public offerings.
Prior to his arrival at Haynes and Boone, Cameron served as a judicial intern to the Honorable Henry Hudson in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia in the summer of 2012. Prior to his time as a judicial intern, Cameron worked on a variety of political campaigns, ranging from local races to federal and statewide elections.
- Included in the "Ones to Watch" category of Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Inc., 2022
- Represented Gauge Capital in its acquisition of certain assets in the cosmetic industry.
- Represented a marina investment, management and operations company in its purchase of all of the equity interests of Miami Beach Marina Associates, Ltd.
- Represented inthinc, inc., a telematics solutions provider focused on fleet management and driver safety solutions, in its sale to ORBCOMM Inc., a leading global provider of Machine-to-Machine and Internet of Things solutions.
- Represented Wingate Partners in its acquisition of Binswanger Glass, a seller and installer of glass-related products for commercial, residential and automotive use.
- Represented CHRISTUS Health in its acquisition of Good Shepherd Health System, Inc.
B.A., Elon University, 2012, cum laude
J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 2016, Virginia Law & Business Review
Legal Intern to the Honorable Judge Henry Hudson, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, 2012
A Haynes and Boone, LLP deal team represented ProPath in connection with its recent sale to Sonic Healthcare (Sonic). The transaction closed Dec. 17, 2021. ProPath is a physician led anatomical and clinical pathology (AP) practice, routinely diagnosing cases from 45 states and several foreign countries. ProPath is highly regarded as a pre-eminent AP practice, with an exceptionally strong bran [...]