Danielle Marr is a counsel in the Tax Practice Group in Haynes Boone’s Dallas office. Her practice focuses on federal income tax aspects of business transactions, including taxable and tax-free mergers and acquisitions, partnership formations, joint ventures, corporate reorganizations, public and private offerings, and real estate acquisitions and dispositions. Danielle provides tax planning and structuring advice for a variety of clients involved in a broad range of industries, including limited liability companies, partnerships, private and publicly held corporations, financial institutions, REITs, and other business entities, as well as individuals. She regularly advises private equity funds and their portfolio companies, as well as investors, rollover sellers and management teams. Danielle has extensive experience negotiating and drafting complex tax provisions in purchase agreements, partnership and LLC agreements, credit agreements, and escrow arrangements. She also provides tax planning and advice relating to ongoing governance and operations following a client’s initial formation or significant business transaction.
- Represented a specialized private equity firm focusing on food and beverage investments on its acquisition of America’s largest freeze-dryer of food, probiotics, enzymes, proteins, specialty ingredients and pharmaceutical inputs.
- Represented a Dallas-based private equity firm specializing in acquiring and managing food and consumer businesses in a preeminent direct-to-consumer nutrition and weight management brand.
- Represented a Chicago-based private equity firm in its acquisition of two portfolio companies to form a leading nationwide precision manufacturing services provider for sheet metal fabrication, CNC manufacturing and photochemical etching.
- Represented the seller of eleven automotive dealership franchises, representing $1.1 billion in revenue.
- Represented a market-leading healthcare IT company in its sale to a market leader in healthcare governance, risk and compliance solutions.
- Represented an independent oil and gas company in its sale of a joint venture owned by a portfolio company.
- Represented a registered investment advisor in a suite of funds and investment offerings, including public and private REITS, in its acquisition of a business owning self-storage facilities valued at over $950 million.
- Represented a private equity firm portfolio company in connection with an upsize credit facility of $958 million.
- Represented clients in connection with hundreds of M&A transactions (both taxable and tax free).
- Represented clients in connection with the formation, organization structuring, recapitalization or restructuring and other joint venture transactions of hundreds of partnerships and LLCs.
Some of these representations were handled by Danielle prior to joining Haynes Boone.
- American Bar Association (Tax Section)
- Dallas Bar Association (Tax Section)
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Included in the “Ones to Watch” category of The Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Inc., 2021-2024
J.D., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 2012, Executive Editor, SMU Law Review
B.S., Pepperdine University, 2009
On June 13, 2023, the House Ways and Means Committee approved a tax package consisting of three separate bills – the Tax Cuts for Working Families Act, the Small Business Jobs Act and the Build it in America Act – collectively referred to as the American Families and Jobs Act. After introducing the package on June 9, 2023, Ways and Means Committee Chairman Jason Smith issued a statement saying the [...]