Brent Beckert is an associate in the Corporate and Mergers and Acquisitions Practice Groups of Haynes and Boone, LLP. Brent focuses his practice on corporate law, private and public mergers and acquisitions, venture capital raises, and other complex domestic and international transactions for clients in a variety of industries, including the health care, technology, education, manufacturing, defense, construction, insurance and professional services sectors. He also specializes in helping clients procure and negotiate coverage under representation and warranty insurance (RWI) policies in the context of M&A transactions.
Additionally, Brent is skilled in advising clients on legislative and regulatory changes impacting the small business community. He frequently speaks on recent state and federal legislation enacted in the wake of COVID-19, including the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) and Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) programs available under the Small Business Administration, and is a member of Haynes Boone’s Government and Public Policy team.
In his spare time, Brent assists several local and national non-profit and civic institutions, including Feeding America, No Kid Hungry, the North Texas Food Bank, Region10 ESC, the Dallas Independent School District and the City of Dallas. Prior to joining Haynes Boone, Brent worked for the United States Senate Judiciary Committee, where he focused on privacy, technology, intellectual property, immigration, national security, and criminal justice issues.
- Represented Engage2learn, a provider of professional development coaching and technology tools serving districts in the public K-12 market, in its sale of equity (recapitalization) to Leeds Equity Partners, a New York-based private equity firm.
- Represented Landry’s, Inc. in the sale of Golden Nugget Online Gaming, Inc. in a take-public sale to Landcadia Holdings II, Inc., as part of a $745 million de-SPAC Transaction.
- Represented the parent company of Dairy.com, a dairy industry supply-chain technology provider, in its sale and merger into a subsidiary of an independent sponsor.
- Represented WatchGuard Video, a nationwide leader in the production and distribution of police video systems, including in-car video systems and body-worn cameras for public safety systems, in its sale to Motorola Solutions.
- Represented a private investment fund in an investment in and roll-up of industry-leading steel processing and warehousing services companies.
- Represented Integrated Advantage Group, LP, a leading oil and gas services conglomerate, in connection with the sale of 100% of its limited partnership interests to a private equity firm.
- Represented a leading manufacturer of consumer packaged goods in a purchase of bleach products and related inventory.
- Represented Juniper Capital Management in a simultaneous investment and roll-up of two industry-leading sewer rehabilitation companies.
- Represented the purchaser in the acquisition and merger of a workforce analytics company focused on providing predictive solutions for culture fit and employee engagement.
- Represented Aggreko plc, a power generation and HVAC specialty rental company, in its acquisition of TuCo Industrial Products, Inc.
- Represented Trive Capital in its purchase of Architectural Granite & Marble, LLC, an importer and distributor of high quality granite and marble countertops for residential and commercial uses.
- Represented Nekoosa Coated Products, a portfolio company of Wingate Partners, in its purchase of Main Tape Company, Inc., a specialty surface protection and adhesive tape manufacturer.
- Represented PrimeSource Building Products in its purchase of Northeast Wholesale Nail & Fastener Supply Co., a distributor of fasteners, tools and other building materials throughout the Northeastern United States.
- Represented AllPaws.com, one of the most popular online and mobile platforms for pet adoption, in its sale to PetSmart, Inc., the largest specialty pet retailer of services and solutions for pets in North America.
- Represented a 7,500+ store retailer in negotiating supply chain agreements for transactions expected to total $25 billion over five years.
- Region 10 Educational Service Center, Director
- North Texas Food Bank, Member, Capital Campaign Committee; Founder and Chair, Young Professionals Committee
- City of Dallas, Civil Service Board (Adjunct Member)
- Dallas Independent School District, P-TECH Impact Board
- Attorney Diversity and Inclusion Committee, Co-Chair of the Pipeline Subcommittee
- Pro Bono Committee Member
- Dallas Committee on Foreign Relations, Member
- Texas Civil Rights Project, Dallas Justice Council
- Included in Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars directory, Thomson Reuters, 2022
- Recognized in Chambers USA, Chambers and Partners, for Corporate/M&A (Texas), 2021-2022
- Included in the "Ones to Watch" category of Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Inc., 2021-2023
- “Updates to the Paycheck Protection Program”, Speaker, Citi Commercial Bank Webinar Series, March 18, 2021.
- “The Rebooted PPP, COVID-Related Tax Credits and Employee Benefits Updates”, Speaker, Haynes and Boone COVID-19 Special Webinar Series, February 24, 2021.
- “Solving the Puzzle: Navigating M&A Transactions Involving PPP Loans”, Speaker, Haynes and Boone COVID-19 Special Webinar Series, October 20, 2020.
- “M&A in the Time of COVID: A Look at Diligence, PPP Loans, Rep & Warranty Insurance, Valuations, Earnouts, and MACs”, Presenter, GC Netweavers Meeting, October 15, 2020.
- “The Shifting R&W Insurance Landscape in Light of COVID-19”, Speaker, Haynes and Boone COVID-19 Special Webinar Series, July 28, 2020.
- “Survival of the Fittest: The Impact of COVID-19 on the Healthcare M&A and Finance Landscape”, Speaker, Haynes and Boone COVID-19 Special Webinar Series, May 26, 2020.
- “Solutions for VC companies during COVID-19”, Speaker, Tech Titans Emerging Growth Forum, May 14, 2020.
- “Legal Perspectives on COVID-19”, Speaker, Barclay’s Credit Research Webinar Series, May 11, 2020.
- “Navigating the CARES Act: What is Right for You?”, Speaker, Haynes and Boone COVID-19 Special Webinar Series, April 14, 2020.
- “Paycheck Protection Act: What Food Banks Need to Know”, Speaker, Presentation to the Feeding America Network, April 13, 2020.
- “COVID-19: Labor and Employment Issues”, Speaker, Presentation to the Feeding America Network, April 6, 2020.
- “M&A Transactional Risks”, Speaker, 3rd Annual Texas Insurance Academy Conference, October 4, 2018.
J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 2014, Virginia Journal of Social Policy and the Law
B.A., Political Science, Duke University, 2011
Legal Intern to the Honorable Judge Jorge A. Solis, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas, Summer 2012
Legal Intern to the Honorable Judge Ursula M. Ungaro, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, Summer 2012
A Haynes and Boone, LLP team represented private equity firm Valesco Industries in its investment in North American Kitchen Solutions, Inc. (NAKS), a leading omni-channel, factory-direct one-stop-shop supplier of customized commercial kitchen hoods, fire suppression systems, fans, and complementary products. Valesco (together with the existing management team and a co-investor) are supporting a m [...]