Ricardo Garcia-Moreno brings more than 26 years of experience to U.S., European and Latin American clients in connection with a range of domestic and international transactions. Ricardo focuses on cross-border transactions, mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, and securities matters. He regularly represents clients engaged in the energy (including oil and gas, midstream, downstream, oilfield services and renewables), food and beverage, manufacturing, services, infrastructure, real estate, healthcare, financial and technology industries.
Royal Dutch Shell plc recently sought Ricardo’s representation in connection with the sale of their downstream business in Argentina. The transaction marked the second time Shell engaged him in connection with a major divestment transaction in the Americas and was named Global Divestiture & Carve-Out Deal for 2018 by The Global M&A Network. The deal was also named a finalist for the 2018 Latin Lawyer Transaction of the Year award in the Private Mergers and Acquisitions category and was recognized by The M&A Advisor at the 11th Annual International M&A Awards as Cross-Border Deal of the Year (over $1.0 billion).
In 2020, Ricardo represented Stratos Management Systems Holdings, LLC in a transaction with Pensare Acquisition Corp., a Nasdaq-listed special purpose acquisition company (SPAC). That deal was selected as a finalist for the Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) Houston Technology Deal of the Year award. In addition, Latinvex named Ricardo a “Top 100 Latin American Lawyer” in 2019 and 2020.
Prior to joining the firm, Ricardo had a broad-based sports practice representing sports teams; owners of public assembly, sports, entertainment, and recreational facilities; and companies that provide goods and services to sports teams and facilities. He is a committed civic servant to the Houston community through his pro bono legal work and service to Texas charter schools.
- Represented Halliburton Energy Services, Inc., a public oilfield services company, in the acquisition of Ingrain, Inc., a rock physics company with operations throughout North America and the Middle East.
- Represent a NYSE-listed company in its serial acquisition program, including acquisition of more than 50 companies throughout the United States.
Sale of Public Company
- Represented Consolidated Graphics, Inc. (NYSE) in merger transaction whereby it was acquired by R.R. Donnelley & Sons Co. (Nasdaq)
- Represented Stratos Management Systems Holdings, LLC in a de-SPAC business combination whereby its wholly-owned subsidiary, Computex Technology Solutions, merged with a subsidiary of American Virtual Cloud Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: AVCT).
Sale of Private Company
- Represented individual shareholders in the sale of Computex, Inc., an IT network infrastructure and a hardware company, to a private equity fund.
- Represented affiliates of Royal Dutch Shell plc in the sale of its downstream business in Argentina to Raízen for US$916 million. This includes the Buenos Aires Refinery (the third largest in Argentina), around 665 retail stations, liquefied petroleum gas, marine fuels, aviation fuels, bitumen, chemicals and lubricants businesses, as well as supply and distribution activities in the country.
- Represented Royal Dutch Shell in the sale of its downstream businesses in Honduras, Guatemala, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Panama and Costa Rica, as well as the sale of two joint venture interests involving refinery and terminal storage facilities.
- Represented American Electric Power Company, Inc. in the sale of its inland marine barge division, including advice on the transfer of intellectual property, information technology, and software.
- Represented ABS Group of Companies, Inc. in the divestiture of US subsidiaries and international operations in the United Kingdom and France.
- Represented NYSE Company in the sale of its commercial saltwater completion division to another publicly traded company.
Acquisition of Division
- Represented Traxys, a worldwide metals and natural resources trader based in Luxembourg, in its purchase of CMC Cometals, the industrial raw materials division of Commercial Metals Company.
- Represented an NYSE-listed company in acquisition of a division of a public company.
Public and Private Offerings
- Represented a New York Stock Exchange listed company in an initial public offering, secondary equity offering, 144A debt placement and exchange offer, and public debt transaction.
- Represented foreign nationals in multiple private-equity investments and real estate developments in the United States.
Financing and Acquisition
- Represented investor group in equity and debt offering and subsequent acquisition of a pipeline construction business.
- Represented publicly traded company in formation of a joint venture involving mid-stream and downstream assets.
- Represented NYSE-listed company in establishing a manufacturing business in Japan.
- Represented NYSE-listed company in negotiation of strategic alliance agreements with United Kingdom and Brazilian companies.
Acquisition of Communications Infrastructure
- Represented NYSE-listed company in acquisition of European cellular tower portfolios
- Recognized in 2019-2020 by Latinvex as one of the top 100 Latin American lawyers
- Recognized by The National Diversity Council as one of the Top 50 Multicultural Lawyers - Houston, 2017
- Recognized in Latin Lawyer 250, Law Business Research Ltd., 2016
- Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Inc., for Corporate Governance and Compliance Law and Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law, 2008-2011; Sports Law, 2012-2021
- Martindale Hubbell Law Directory client review rated 5.0 out of 5 Preeminent, 2010
- Selected for inclusion in Texas Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2010-2013
- Selected for inclusion in Texas Super Lawyers - Rising Stars Edition, Thomson Reuters, 2004-2009
- “The Changing Future of Mexico’s Oil & Gas Industry – Growth and Expansion,” Presenter, EnerCom’s 2016 Oil & Gas Conference, Denver, Colorado, August 16, 2016.
- “Mexico’s Promise,” Panelist, 2016 DUG Eagle Ford Conference, San Antonio, Texas, September 12, 2016.
- “The Changing Future of Mexico’s Oil & Gas Industry – Growth and Expansion,” Presenter, EnerCom’s 2015 Oil & Gas Conference, Denver, Colorado, August 20, 2015.
J.D., University of Texas School of Law, 1994
B.B.A., Marketing and International Business, University of Texas at Austin, 1991
Law Clerk to the Honorable Reynaldo G. Garza, Senior Judge, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, September 1994 to September 1995
Haynes and Boone, LLP had another impressive showing in The Best Lawyers in America directory published by Woodward/White, Inc., with a cross section of lawyers from offices across the country recognized in the 2022 edition. The guide includes more than 100 firm lawyers from the Austin, Charlotte, Chicago, Costa Mesa, Dallas, Dallas-North, Denver, Fort Worth, Houston, New York, Palo Alto, San Anto [...]