Clients work with Lauren White during times of transition and change. She advises partnerships, limited liability companies, private and publicly held corporations, and individual investors on a range of businesses planning and tax issues, from initial formation and operation to disposition.
Lauren assists clients in structuring and forming new business ventures and provides ongoing governance and operational advice to joint ventures, operating companies, investment funds, family offices, and other businesses. She also represents individuals and business entities in connection with a range of federal and state tax matters, including tax aspects of taxable and tax-free mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations and dispositions; and state tax controversies, including audits and examinations. She has advised on the formation of compliant healthcare structures for physicians and chiropractors, including non-profit health organizations (formerly known as “5.01(a) organizations”) and accountable care organizations.
Clients appreciate Lauren’s ability to explain tax concepts in an easily digestible way. Her practical advice considers the needs of their businesses as well as legal requirements. Her client representations include:
- A product development, custom designer, and manufacturer of medical-related containers and packaging solutions company in the sale of a majority of its equity
- A private investment fund in an investment in and roll-up of industry-leading steel processing and warehousing services companies
- A movie exhibitor through an organizational restructuring and a subsequent minority sale of its equity interests
- Juniper Capital Management in a simultaneous investment and roll-up of two industry-leading sewer rehabilitation companies
- A private client in connection with a joint venture related to small-scale LNG liquefaction technology and LNG plant development and operation
Selected Publications and Speeches
- "Medicare ACOs: Business Planning and Structural Considerations," co-presenter, Dallas Bar Association, Health Law Section, June 2013.
- "Annual Review of Litigation, Chapter 3: Appellate Practice," contributor, American Bar Association, Section of Business Law, April 2011.
A Haynes and Boone, LLP deal team represented ProPath in connection with its recent sale to Sonic Healthcare (Sonic). The transaction closed Dec. 17, 2021. ProPath is a physician led anatomical and clinical pathology (AP) practice, routinely diagnosing cases from 45 states and several foreign countries. ProPath is highly regarded as a pre-eminent AP practice, with an exceptionally strong bran [...]