Clients work with Lauren White during times of transition and change. She advises partnerships, limited liability companies, private and publicly held corporations, and individual investors on a range of businesses planning and tax issues, from initial formation and operation to disposition.
Lauren assists clients in structuring and forming new business ventures and provides ongoing governance and operational advice to joint ventures, operating companies, investment funds, family offices, and other businesses. She also represents individuals and business entities in connection with a range of federal and state tax matters, including tax aspects of taxable and tax-free mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations and dispositions; and state tax controversies, including audits and examinations. She has advised on the formation of compliant healthcare structures for physicians and chiropractors, including non-profit health organizations (formerly known as “5.01(a) organizations”) and accountable care organizations.
Clients appreciate Lauren’s ability to explain tax concepts in an easily digestible way. Her practical advice considers the needs of their businesses as well as legal requirements. Her client representations include:
- A product development, custom designer, and manufacturer of medical-related containers and packaging solutions company in the sale of a majority of its equity
- A private investment fund in an investment in and roll-up of industry-leading steel processing and warehousing services companies
- A movie exhibitor through an organizational restructuring and a subsequent minority sale of its equity interests
- Juniper Capital Management in a simultaneous investment and roll-up of two industry-leading sewer rehabilitation companies
- A private client in connection with a joint venture related to small-scale LNG liquefaction technology and LNG plant development and operation
Selected Publications and Speeches
- "Medicare ACOs: Business Planning and Structural Considerations," co-presenter, Dallas Bar Association, Health Law Section, June 2013.
- "Annual Review of Litigation, Chapter 3: Appellate Practice," contributor, American Bar Association, Section of Business Law, April 2011.
B.A., St Edwards University, 2005, summa cum laude, valedictorian
M.S., Personal Financial Planning, Texas Tech University, 2009
J.D., Texas Tech University School of Law, 2009, summa cum laude, Order of the Coif, Texas Tech Law Review
Since 2018, state and local tax deductions have been limited to $10,000 per individual taxpayer for federal income tax purposes, disproportionately burdening taxpayers residing in states with significant state income tax rates. States soon began enacting state tax deduction workarounds, which generally allow a partnership or S corporation to elect to pay state income tax in exchange for a state in [...]