Dan Malone is a partner in the Corporate and Private Equity Practice Groups in the Denver office of Haynes and Boone. His practice focuses on complex business transactions for both private and public companies, with a particular focus on mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, and strategic investments. Dan has served as the lead lawyer on numerous transactions across the food and beverage, consumer products, financial services, technology, automotive and healthcare industries. In addition to his transactional work, Dan advises clients on a broad range of general corporate governance matters impacting their business. Dan is also the Administrative Partner and Hiring Partner for the Denver office.
Prior to joining the firm, Dan was senior counsel at The WhiteWave Foods Company (NYSE: WWAV), where he advised the board of directors, executive team, and senior leadership in the sourcing, evaluation, and execution of strategic transactions across all channels of the business, both domestically and internationally. During this tenure, he oversaw the company’s legal efforts on seven strategic transactions, highlighted by a $12.5 billion sale to Danone S.A., a $550 million acquisition of Vega, and the company’s first investment in Latin America.
- Advised a publicly traded food company in its $12.5 billion sale to a foreign conglomerate.
- Advised a publicly traded food company in its $550 million acquisition of a plant based food company.
- Advised a publicly traded food company in its $125 million acquisition of an organic yogurt company.
- Represented a publicly traded engineering, construction and management services company on its $3.1 billion sale to a strategic acquirer.
- Represented a multibillion-dollar private equity fund in the disposition of an energy portfolio company to a strategic investor.
- Represented a private equity fund in the platform and add on acquisitions for an organic food company.
- Represented a multibillion-dollar private equity fund in the platform investment, various add on transactions and eventual exit of a leading manufacturer and distributor of interconnect products for electronics and data communication industries.
- Represented a startup software company in the healthcare industry in the sale of its business to a strategic investor.
- Represented a UK based private equity fund in its investment in a national franchise chain.
- Represented a strategic investor in its acquisition of a portfolio company that is a leading technology provider in the cloud-based vendor management system.
- Advised a group of founders in setting up an investment vehicle and navigating two rounds of venture capital investments.
- Represented a private equity fund in a minority investment of healthcare treatment centers.
- Advised a strategic investor in the automotive space on more than 25 tuck in acquisitions.
- Advised a private equity fund in the acquisition of a fractional aircraft business.
- Recognized in Chambers USA, Chambers and Partners, for Corporate/M&A, 2021
J.D., Boston College Law School
B.A., Fordham University, Dean's List
A Haynes and Boone, LLP team led by Partner Ian Peck has been honored by the Turnaround Management Association (TMA) for its representation of Tuesday Morning Corporation in its successful reorganization and emergence from Chapter 11. Haynes Boone received the 2021 Large Company Turnaround/Transaction of the Year Award. The TMA Turnaround and Transaction Awards, among the most well known in the r [...]