Zach Burnett is a partner in the Investment Management and Mergers and Acquisitions Practice Groups in the Dallas office of Haynes Boone.
Zach’s practice focuses on mergers, acquisitions, private equity investments, and corporate compliance and governance. Zach regularly advises investment funds, and investment advisors with regards to the formation, organization and operation of both hedge funds and private equity funds and their compliance with applicable federal and state laws. Zach also represents clients across a broad range of industries in various corporate and securities matters, including the preparation of securities filings with the SEC, such as Schedule 13D, Schedule 13G, Form 13F and Form ADV.
Zach has experience in a variety of transactions including:
- Negotiating mergers and acquisitions of both assets and stock of privately held companies, including portfolio companies of private equity funds
- Structuring and forming business entities, including corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies
- Assisting clients in general corporate matters
- Representing clients in private placements of securities
- Advising private equity and hedge funds in their compliance
- SRS Distribution, Inc. in various asset acquisition transactions.
- Gauge Capital in its acquisition of certain assets in the cosmetic industry.
- The owners of a background screening provider in the sale of a minority interest in the company.
- Trive Capital, in partnership with Core Minerals III, LLC, to acquire certain conventional assets of Chesapeake Energy Corporation in the Southern Appalachian region.
- The WhiteWave Foods Company in its acquisition of Vega.
- Covercraft Industries, Inc. in its acquisition by Century Park Capital Partners.
- The WhiteWave Foods Company in its acquisition of So Delicious Dairy Free.
- State Bar of Texas
- Included in the "Ones to Watch" category of The Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Inc., 2024
J.D., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 2013, cum laude; Articles Editor, International Law Review Association
B.A., University of Oklahoma, 2006, with distinction
Judicial Extern to the Honorable Elizabeth Lang-Miers, Texas Fifth District Court of Appeals, July 2011
Haynes and Boone, LLP is proud to promote 16 lawyers to its partnership ranks, effective Jan. 1. The 2023 New Partner Class includes: D.J. Beaty, Brent Beckert, Valisa Berber-Thayer, Dina Blikshteyn, Zach Burnett, Tiffany Cooke, Natalie DuBose, Christopher Konopka, Joseph Lawlor, Charlene Liu, Garrett Martin, Mike McArthur, Taryn McDonald, Chase A.M. Proctor, Matt S. Stewart, and Scott Thompson. [...]