Zach Burnett is an associate in the Investment Management and Mergers and Acquisitions Practice Groups in the Dallas office of
Haynes and Boone.
Zach’s practice focuses on mergers, acquisitions, private equity investments, and corporate compliance and governance. Zach regularly advises investment funds, and investment advisors with regards to the formation, organization and operation of both hedge funds and private equity funds and their compliance with applicable federal and state laws. Zach also represents clients across a broad range of industries in various corporate and securities matters, including the preparation of securities filings with the SEC, such as Schedule 13D, Schedule 13G, Form 13F and Form ADV.
Zach has experience in a variety of transactions including:
- Negotiating mergers and acquisitions of both assets and stock of privately held companies, including portfolio companies of private equity funds
- Structuring and forming business entities, including corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies
- Assisting clients in general corporate matters
- Representing clients in private placements of securities
- Advising private equity and hedge funds in their compliance
Professional and Community Activities
- State Bar of Texas
- SRS Distribution, Inc. in various asset acquisition transactions.
- Gauge Capital in its acquisition of certain assets in the cosmetic industry.
- The owners of a background screening provider in the sale of a minority interest in the company.
- Trive Capital, in partnership with Core Minerals III, LLC, to acquire certain conventional assets of Chesapeake Energy Corporation in the Southern Appalachian region.
- The WhiteWave Foods Company in its acquisition of Vega.
- Covercraft Industries, Inc. in its acquisition by Century Park Capital Partners.
- The WhiteWave Foods Company in its acquisition of So Delicious Dairy Free.
J.D., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 2013, cum laude; Articles Editor, International Law Review Association
B.A., University of Oklahoma, 2006, with distinction
Judicial Extern to the Honorable Elizabeth Lang-Miers, Texas Fifth District Court of Appeals, July 2011
A Haynes and Boone, LLP team led by Partner Bill Kleinman represented Stream Energy in the sale of its retail electricity and natural gas business to NRG Energy Inc. for $300 million plus working capital in an all-cash transaction. Announced May 20, the transaction is expected to close in the third quarter of 2019 and is subject to customary closing conditions. The business acquired from Stream wi [...]