Kellie Bobo is a partner in both the Investment Management and Mergers and Acquisitions Practice Groups in the Austin office of Haynes and Boone.
Kellie’s practice focuses on mergers, acquisitions, private equity investments, and corporate compliance and governance. Kellie also regularly advises investment funds, registered investment advisors, and commodity pool operators and traders with regards to RIA transactions, the formation, organization and operation of hedge funds, venture capital funds and private equity funds and their compliance with applicable federal and state laws. In addition, Kellie represents clients across a broad range of industries in various corporate and securities matters, including the preparation of securities filings with the SEC.
Kellie has experience in a variety of transactions including:
- Representing registered investment advisors in a variety of matters, including mergers, acquisitions, and secondary sales
- Negotiating mergers and acquisitions of both assets and stock of privately held companies, including portfolio companies of private equity funds
- Structuring and forming business entities, including corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies
- Assisting clients in general corporate matters
- Assisting clients in buy-outs, recapitalizations and restructurings
- Representing clients in private placements of securities
- Representing numerous institutions and family offices in their investments into hedge funds, private equity and venture capital funds and fund of funds
- Representing numerous institutional investors and family offices in structuring and negotiating separately managed accounts
- Advising private equity, hedge and venture capital funds in their compliance with securities laws
- USA Environmental Holdings, Inc., a leader in specialized environmental remediation and industrial services provider, in a sale of its business to Entact, LLC.
- WeDo Logistics, LLC in the asset purchase of Lone Star Overnight, a parcel delivery company.
- Owners of Smith Asset Management Group, L.P., a hedge fund, in the sale of its investment management services company to Cantor Fitzgerald Investment Advisors
- Cabinet Essentials Group, LLC, the franchisor and manufacturer of customizable shelving and storage solutions in the equity sale of its subsidiary companies, including ShelfGenie, to the largest home services franchisor in the world, Neighborly.
- Represented a pool and spa services franchise in the US portion of an international equity investment transaction involving the sale of its US-based business.
- A professional fund in its co-investment into a company specialized in the collection of startup data and the automation of startup deal-sourcing and assessment efforts.
- Trive Capital in its purchase of SSW Holding Company, Inc., a leading engineered products manufacturer supplying a broad product portfolio for the residential/commercial appliance, residential/commercial HVAC, and other industrial segments.
- Alamo Drafthouse through an organizational restructuring and a subsequent minority sale of its equity interests to Altamont Capital Partners.
- Ventavia Research Group, one of the largest privately-own clinical research companies in a sell of its business assets to SCR of Texas, LLC an affiliate of Grant Avenue Capital.
- Vericast Corp., a marketing company, in the sale of Clipper Magazine LLC, one of the largest direct-mail publishers in the United States.
- Palogic Capital Management in its acquisition of the RIA business of Peters Wealth Management.
- Spin-out of the “investment partners group” of Crow Holdings to create a new registered investment adviser, CH Investment Partners, L.L.C.
- Represented a family office in acquiring numerous fast food chain restaurants.
- Represented Montare Resources in the formation of a private fund to acquire interests in SandRidge Permian Trust and formation of a new operating company.
- Heritage Bag Company, a Texas-based manufacturer of plastic can liners and other packaging products, in the sale to Novolex Holdings, Inc.
- The Curotto-Can, Inc., known for its automated carry can that mounts to the forks of a commercial front loader, in its stock sale to The Heil Co. d/b/a Environmental Solutions Group.
- SunTx Capital Partners in its sale of Huron Inc., an automotive industry part manufacturer.
- Trive Capital in its acquisition of Pental Granite and Marble, LLC, a wholesale tile and stone distributor based out of Washington.
- The owners of a background screening provider in the sale of a minority interest in the company.
- Enkitec, an IT services and consulting company, in its sale to Accenture PLC.
- An investment management client in the sale of its private equity fund administrator division, which provides back office services to various third party and affiliated private equity funds, to a major international conglomerate.
- An investment management client in the acquisition, through an asset purchase agreement, of the management rights to more than 40 non-registered and 40-Act-registered private equity fund-of-funds and certain related assets and employees from the alternative asset management business of a major international bank.
- A large U.S. investment manager as co-investor in a growth equity capital investment in an application performance infrastructure company.
- Wingate Partners V, L.P. in its $110 million acquisition of the lawn and garden division of Myers Industries, Inc., an international manufacturer of polymer products for the industrial, agricultural, automotive, commercial, and consumer markets.
- Vericast (f/k/a Harland Clarke Corp.) and its related entities in various acquisitions.
- Williamson-Dickie Mfg. Co. in its purchase of Walls Holding Company, Inc.
- Krispy Kreme Doughnut Corporation in various franchising acquisitions and dispositions.
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas Wall Street Women
- Center for Women in Law
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Recognized as an Austin Business Journal, Heather Ladage, Profiles in Power honoree, 2021
B.A., Political Science, University of Florida, 2009, magna cum laude
B.S., Business Administration, University of Florida, 2009, magna cum laude; Florida Blue Key Inductee
J.D., The University of Texas School of Law, 2012, with honors; Texas Journal of Oil, Gas and Energy Law; The Review of Litigation
Law Clerk, Office of the Attorney General of Texas, July 2010-August 2010
Intern, for Justice Johnson, Supreme Court of Texas, May 2010-June 2010
Intern, State Attorney's Office's Domestic Abuse Unit, June 2006-August 2006
A Haynes and Boone, LLP deal team led by Partners Tom Harris and Kellie Bobo represented USA Environment, LP and its affiliates in the sale of its business to ENTACT, LLC, a leading provider of environmental remediation and geotechnical services. The transaction was announced on Sept. 28. USA Environment is a specialized environmental remediation and industrial services provider with best-in-class [...]