Kellie Bobo is a partner in the Investment Management and Mergers and Acquisitions Practice Groups in the Austin office of Haynes and Boone.
Kellie’s practice focuses on mergers, acquisitions, private equity investments, and corporate compliance and governance. Kellie regularly advises investment funds, investment advisors, and commodity pool operators and traders with regards to the formation, organization and operation of both hedge funds and private equity funds and their compliance with applicable federal and state laws. Kellie also represents clients across a broad range of industries in various corporate and securities matters, including the preparation of securities filings with the SEC, such as Schedule 13D, Schedule 13G, Form 13F, Forms 3, 4, and 5 and Form ADV.
Kellie has experience in a variety of transactions including:
- Negotiating mergers and acquisitions of both assets and stock of privately held companies, including portfolio companies of private equity funds
- Structuring and forming business entities, including corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies
- Assisting clients in general corporate matters
- Assisting clients in buy-outs, recapitalizations and restructurings
- Representing clients in private placements of securities
- Representing numerous institutions and family offices in their investments into hedge funds, private equity and venture capital funds and fund of funds
- Representing numerous institutional investors and family offices in structuring and negotiating separately managed accounts
- Advising private equity and hedge funds in their compliance with securities laws
- Recognized as an Austin Business Journal, Heather Ladage, Profiles in Power honoree, 2021
Professional and Community Activities
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas Wall Street Women
- Heritage Bag Company, a Texas-based manufacturer of plastic can liners and other packaging products, in the sale to Novolex Holdings, Inc.
- The Curotto-Can, Inc., known for its automated carry can that mounts to the forks of a commercial front loader, in its stock sale to The Heil Co. d/b/a Environmental Solutions Group.
- SunTx Capital Partners in its sale of Huron Inc., an automotive industry part manufacturer.
- Trive Capital in its acquisition of Pental Granite and Marble, LLC, a wholesale tile and stone distributor based out of Washington.
- The owners of a background screening provider in the sale of a minority interest in the company.
- Enkitec, an IT services and consulting company, in its sale to Accenture PLC.
- An investment management client in the sale of its private equity fund administrator division, which provides back office services to various third party and affiliated private equity funds, to a major international conglomerate.
- An investment management client in the acquisition, through an asset purchase agreement, of the management rights to more than 40 non-registered and 40-Act-registered private equity fund-of-funds and certain related assets and employees from the alternative asset management business of a major international bank.
- A large U.S. investment manager as co-investor in a growth equity capital investment in an application performance infrastructure company.
- Wingate Partners V, L.P. in its $110 million acquisition of the lawn and garden division of Myers Industries, Inc., an international manufacturer of polymer products for the industrial, agricultural, automotive, commercial, and consumer markets.
- Harland Clarke Corp. and its related entities in various acquisitions.
- Williamson-Dickie Mfg. Co. in its purchase of Walls Holding Company, Inc.
- Krispy Kreme Doughnut Corporation in various franchising acquisitions and dispositions.
B.A., Political Science, University of Florida, 2009, magna cum laude
B.S., Business Administration, University of Florida, 2009, magna cum laude; Florida Blue Key Inductee
J.D., University of Texas School of Law, 2012, with honors; Texas Journal of Oil, Gas and Energy Law; The Review of Litigation
Law Clerk, Office of the Attorney General of Texas, July 2010-August 2010
Intern, for Justice Johnson, Supreme Court of Texas, May 2010-June 2010
Intern, State Attorney's Office's Domestic Abuse Unit, June 2006-August 2006
The Austin Business Journal (ABJ) named Haynes and Boone, LLP Partner Kellie Bobo as a Profiles in Power honoree in a program recognizing women of influence who are shaping the future of Central Texas. “These women have something to offer the next generation of women leaders,” the ABJ said about participants in the program. “They have made a difference in their communities, blazed new trails and [...]