As co-chair of our New York Capital Markets and Securities Practice Group, Greg Kramer counsels lenders, public equity, and venture capital funds in the areas of securities law, mergers and acquisitions, and alternative lending. Clients seek Greg’s representation in connection with private investments in public equity (PIPEs), registered direct offerings, underwritten offerings, business combinations, venture debt, and other alternative lending transactions.
A go-to transactional lawyer with broad and adaptable experience, Greg offers clients creative, keen insights in addition to documenting deals, and is willing to jump in and handle whatever is needed to keep a transaction moving forward until it crosses the finish line. Having represented both issuers and investors, Greg understands deals from the perspective of each party, making him a skilled and effective negotiator. Clients appreciate his ability to explain complicated issues simply and to find compromises that get deals done.
Greg was recognized for his work in the New York City legal community and was named a “Rising Star” by New York Super Lawyers, 2014-2019 (Thomson Reuters).
- Represented the lead investor in connection with a $10 million investment in convertible preferred stock and warrants of a NASDAQ-listed biopharmaceutical company.
- Represented the lead investor in a $270 million investment in the common stock, warrants and convertible notes of a New York Stock Exchange-listed insurance company.
- Represented the lead investor in a registered direct offering of $100 million of convertible notes by a New York Stock Exchange-listed gold and silver mining company.
- Represented a hedge fund in an approximately $500 million debt-for-equity exchange with a private gaming company.
- Represented the lead investor in connection with a $60 million convertible note offering by a TSX-listed oil and gas company.
- “Cybersecurity Disclosures: Guidance for Public Companies,” speaker, Haynes and Boone, LLP webinar, May 20, 2019.
- "Raising Capital & New Financial Services Companies, Unregulated Broker Dealers and Unregistered Offerings: SEC Regulation A+ and Crowd Funding, Bitcoin, Apple Pay and Micro Cap Securities," presented at the New York County Lawyers' Association Securities Litigation & Regulatory Enforcement Conference, April 23, 2015.
- "The Offer: What Small-Cap Issuers Need to Know," co-author, Corporate Counsel, August 15, 2014.
J.D., Fordham University School of Law, 2005, Fordham Urban Law Journal
B.A., New York University, 2002, Phi Beta Kappa
A Haynes and Boone, LLP deal team represented Rockit Pest in separate acquisitions of Florida pest control service companies. The most recent transaction, announced Feb. 8, involves the purchase of Adam’s Pest Control, a leading pest control services company that has served Palm Beach, Martin, Saint Lucie, and Indian River counties for more than 30 years. In an earlier transaction, announced in Ja [...]
Haynes Boone Represents Strides Pharma Science in $24 Million AcquisitionAugust 20, 2021