Larry Shosid is a partner in the Corporate and Real Estate Practice Groups in Haynes Boone’s Dallas office.
His practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings, general corporate representations, partnerships, international transactions, lending and investments, and various real property and energy transactions.
- Represented a market-leading credit counseling business in the sale of all of its equity to a private equity purchaser for $175 million.
- Advised Dallas-based global tax services and software provider Ryan, LLC in its acquisition of MacRostie Historic Advisors, LLC (MHA), a consultancy that advises developers on the application process for historic tax credits (HTC), including those seeking additional equity for historic rehabilitation projects.
- Represented Dallas-based global tax services and software provider Ryan, LLC in its acquisition of Marvin F. Poer and Company to form the largest property tax practice in the U.S.
- Advised Dallas-based global tax services and software provider Ryan, LLC in its recent acquisition of Tax Advisory Services Group, LLC (TASG) — a full-service excise tax provider based in Houston providing tax compliance and related services with a focus on motor fuel excise taxes.
- Represented Dallas-based information management software developer ISN in its transaction with New York-based private equity firm Blackstone Group, a minority investment valuing the company at more than $2 billion.
- Advised a property tax servicing business in its sale for $12 million, including proprietary software, to a private equity buyer as an add-on acquisition to the buyer’s existing mortgage-servicing platform.
- Represented the operator of a cold storage facility in the sale to a publicly traded REIT of facilities consisting of an 8.6-million-cubic-foot, owned facility in Mansfield with approximately 27,000 pallet positions and a 5.2-million-cubic-foot, leased facility in Grand Prairie with approximately 18,000 pallet positions.
- Handled the $15 million sale of a renewable energy construction consulting business to a publicly traded buyer with global operations.
- Advised a publicly traded company in the acquisition of a business providing post-harvest and midstream service to hemp growers.
- Represented a health insurance company in lease negotiations for a health center that brought more than 500 jobs to Chicago.
- Engaged by a seller in the sale of its commercial real estate debt and equity capital raising business for approximately $10 million to a NYSE traded company that is a leading and expanding investment real estate company with more than 2,000 investment sales and financing professionals in more than 80 offices throughout the United States and Canada.
- Represented a seller in the $11.9 million sale of its optical and telecommunications business to a $3.2 billion international company based in Japan focused on power and telecommunication systems, automotive products and electronics.
- Advised a client engaged in back-office support of the insurance industry on a $6 million strategic investment.
- Represented a purchaser in acquisition of a worldwide, online classified advertising business and financing of both the purchase and related work for the business after acquisition.
- Represented an international producer of flavored beverages in the $30 million strategic acquisition of a regional bottling and distribution company in a transaction structured as a C Reorganization under the Internal Revenue Code (IRC).
- Served as seller’s legal counsel in a $45 million sale of scrap business (ferrous and non-ferrous metal, waste paper, glass and other recyclable products) to a German strategic purchaser.
- Advised the purchaser in a leveraged buyout of a company engaged in providing document and data imaging, capture and conversion services and information protection, storage and retrieval services, principally to financing institutions, in a transaction valued in excess of $35 million. Also represented the client in transaction financing through the private placement of equity to venture capital firms, the establishment of a senior term loan and revolving credit facilities, and the sale of subordinated debentures.
- Engaged by the sellers in a $50 million sale of a pipeline to a private equity group.
- Represented a purchaser in the acquisition of the world’s leading air filtration business, in a transaction valued in excess of $250 million.
- Advised a purchaser in a stock acquisition, valued in excess of $25 million, of a leading company in the design, construction and rental of complex lighting structures.
- Represented an issuer in the registration and public offering of two million shares of common stock for a company that electronically processes medical claims.
- Consulted a U.S.-based, chemical company in a $5 million acquisition by an Austrian company.
- Advised several well-known restaurant franchisors with international franchise programs in the Philippines and Mexico.
- Advised an international HVAC company in the divestiture of an $80 million division, a $200 million stock sale, a $270 million senior debt term and revolving loan facility, and a $250 million subordinated debenture redemption.
- Assisted a national, alternative-newspaper company in its acquisition of newspapers in the South and the Midwest.
- Engaged by a clothing manufacturer in connection with the acquisition of several well-known labels for $20 million, including representation of the client in consummation of an equity private placement and a $35 million senior term loan and revolving credit facility.
- Represented an insurance company in the acquisition of 53.4 acres for the construction and development of a data center. Represented same client in the subsequent sale of the data center to a strategic (public company) buyer.
- Assisted a national retail chain with all real estate and corporate matters.
- Served as legal counsel to a national restaurant chain with numerous leasehold and fee simple transactions.
- Represented an international manufacturer of ethnic health and beauty aid products in a $20 million private placement and a subsequent $65 million sale to a $2.5 billion consumer packaged goods company.
- Engaged by a group of television stations in a recapitalization consisting of a $25 million private placement and a $100 million term and revolving credit facility, followed by a subsequent $200 million sale to a major group television broadcaster.
- Represented an international beverage licensor in various matters relating to the acquisition of unimproved real property and construction of its corporate headquarters.
- Retained by a national telephone service business in a roll-up of related businesses.
- Served as legal counsel to a computer software company in its acquisition of complementary software companies and two subsequent sales of businesses to public software companies.
- Advised a $3 billion healthcare company in all Texas real estate transactions, including acquisitions, divestitures, development and leaseholds.
- Served as legal counsel to a U.S. and U.K. chemical company in a $30 million sale to a $2 billion U.K. chemical company.
- Represented a luggage manufacturing and distribution company in a $40 million sale to a private equity fund.
- Engaged a manufacturer of products for an aircraft industry company in a $40 million sale to a private equity fund.
- Consulted a door and entryway manufacturing company in a $20 million sale to a strategic buyer.
- Provided legal services to a U.S. oilfield construction services company in a $22 million sale to a private equity company.
- Retained by an artificial lift service company in a $37 million sale to a private equity company.
- Engaged by a healthcare company in the development of a 1.2 million square foot campus. The transaction received the Dallas Business Journal’s Real Estate Deal of the Year award for 2006.
- Served as legal counsel to a Texas nonprofit corporation in the $9.3 million sale of a Section 8 (HUD) apartment complex.
- Engaged by an oil and gas drilling mud company in a strategic acquisition valued at $45 million.
Some of these representations were handled by Larry prior to joining Haynes Boone.
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- State Bar of Texas, Corporate Law Section
- Texas Law Dallas Steering Committee
- Anti-Defamation League, Regional Board Member
- Dallas Bar Association
- American Bar Association (Business Law Section)
- Dallas Classic Baseball League, Chairman
- Ranked in Chambers USA, Chambers and Partners, 2022 legal directory for the “Corporate/M&A” category for Texas
- Featured in Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Inc., Texas Best Lawyers, 2020
- Selected by attorney peers for The Best Lawyers in America®, Woodward/White, Inc. “Lawyer of the Year” in Commercial Finance Law, Dallas-Fort Worth, 2020-2023
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Inc., 2018-2024
- Named one of the "Best Lawyers in Dallas" by D Magazine, D Magazine Partners, 2017-2018, 2020, 2022-2023
- Selected by attorney peers for inclusion in Texas Super Lawyers®, Thomson Reuters, 2005–2013
- AV® Peer Review Rated in Martindale-Hubbell. AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell DistinguishedSM and Martindale-Hubbell NotableSM are Certification Marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell® certification procedures, standards and policies.
J.D., The University of Texas School of Law, 1987
B.B.A., The University of Texas at Austin, 1984, with highest honors
A veteran transactional lawyer with more than three decades of deal-making experience, Larry Shosid has joined Haynes and Boone, LLP as a partner in the firm’s M&A and Private Equity and Real Estate Practices. Larry regularly works on complex mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings , general corporate representations, partnerships, lending and investments, and various real property and ener [...]