Scott Wallace has more than 20 years of experience in the areas of corporate securities, mergers, acquisitions and providing counsel to a broad spectrum of clients with complex business transactions.
Mr. Wallace has completed transactions including:
- Negotiating mergers and acquisitions involving public and privately held entities
- Numerous contests for corporate control representing acquiring and target companies involving tender offers and proxy contests
- Public and private debt and equity offerings
- Hedge fund investments in public and privately held entities
- Counseling boards of directors and executive officers relating to fiduciary duties and corporate governance issues
- SEC compliance
Selected Speeches and Publications
- Co-Author, "Board of Directors Guide 2010"
- Author, "Event Risk Covenants in Bond Indentures"
Professional and Community Activities
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas - Business Law Section
- Recognized by Best Lawyers, Woodward/White, Inc., as a "2021 Lawyer of the Year"
- Recognized as a Stand-out Lawyer, Acritas Stars, 2020-2021
- Named one of the Best Lawyers in Dallas by D Magazine, D Magazine Partners, 2019
- Recognized as a leading lawyer by Chambers USA, Chambers & Partners, 2016
- Recognized in Texas Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters - Mergers and Acquisitions, 2009-2019; Securities & Corporate Finance, 2016-2019
- Included in The Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Inc., in Corporate Law, 2012-2022; Commercial Finance Law, 2016-2023
- Martindale Hubbell® Law Directory with a Peer Review Rating of AV® Preeminent™
J.D., Texas Tech University School of Law, 1979, summa cum laude; Order of the Coif; Associate Editor, Texas Tech Law Review; Award for highest individual grade on Texas Bar Exam
B.B.A., Accounting, Texas Tech University, 1976, highest honors
Haynes and Boone, LLP had another impressive showing in The Best Lawyers in America directory published by Woodward/White, Inc., with a cross section of lawyers from offices across the country recognized in the 2022 edition. The guide includes more than 100 firm lawyers from the Austin, Charlotte, Chicago, Costa Mesa, Dallas, Dallas-North, Denver, Fort Worth, Houston, New York, Palo Alto, San Anto [...]