Tiffany Cooke is a partner and registered patent attorney in the Dallas office of Haynes Boone.
Tiffany’s practice focuses on representing clients in commercial and intellectual property litigation in state and federal court. Tiffany’s litigation experience includes representing plaintiffs and defendants in contract, trade secret, bankruptcy, patent, copyright, trademark infringement, and complex commercial litigation.
Tiffany has represented clients in litigations throughout the country in federal court, state court, and at the International Trade Commission. Tiffany’s experience extends to all phases of litigation, including trial and post-trial. Tiffany has taken and defended depositions, argued hearings, and questioned both friendly and hostile witnesses at trial.
Tiffany also has diverse technical experience that includes working on patent infringement actions involving semiconductors, medical device, pharmaceuticals, smartphone technology, web-based interactive advertising, optical sensors, vehicle surveillance systems, database technology, Radio Frequency Identification, electronic printing and document technology, and blood cholesterol testing devices.
In addition to her law degree, Tiffany holds a B.S. in molecular biology with minors in chemistry and physics.
Intellectual Property Litigation
- Represented manufacturer of blood cholesterol testing devices in a Section 337 Investigation before the International Trade Commission. Resulted in entry of exclusion order.
- Represented medical device manufacturer defendant in patent infringement litigation that resolved after a sweeping claim construction win, which Tiffany argued.
- Represented electronics manufacturer in multi-case infringement litigation that resolved shortly before first trial.
- Represented owner of personal electronic device mount patents in patent infringement litigation. Case resolved favorably before trial.
- Represented building material manufacturer in pre-suit patent infringement dispute. Case resolved without litigation.
- Represented business owner in pre-suit copyright infringement dispute. Case resolved without litigation.
- Represented manufacturer of semiconductors in patent infringement litigation. Case resolved before trial.
Commercial and Bankruptcy Litigation
- Representation of aviation supply company in complex commercial litigation involving trade secret, fiduciary duty and contract claims in Texas state court. Case is pending.
- Represented world-wide financial institution in complex commercial litigation in Texas state court involving breach of contract and UFTA claims in connection with oil and gas assets. Case resolved with a favorable result.
- Represented chemical manufacturing company in federal court in complex commercial litigation involving breach of contract claims. Case resolved in a favorably settlement after motion to dismiss was filed.
- Represented oil and gas debtors in complex bankruptcy litigation that resolved favorably.
- Represented commercial aviation defendant in complex commercial dispute involving fuel supply contracts.
- Member of The Honorable Barbara M.G. Lynn American Inn of Court
- Dallas Bar Association, Intellectual Property Law Section
- Included in Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars directory, Thomson Reuters, 2022, 2023
- Recognized as a "Legal Lion" by Law360 for a defense victory in an intellectual property trial in the Eastern District of Texas, 2019
- Included in the "Ones to Watch" category of Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Inc., 2021-2023
J.D., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 2013, cum laude; Managing Editor, SMU Science and Technology Law Review
B.S., Molecular Biology, University of Denver, 2009, cum laude
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars has included 27 Haynes and Boone, LLP lawyers in its 2023 directory. Published by Thomson Reuters, the Texas Rising Stars directory includes only 2 percent of young lawyers in Texas, selected through peer nominations and research. To be eligible, lawyers must be 40 or younger or practicing less than 10 years. The following Haynes Boone lawyers are featured as 2023 [...]
Texas Lawyer, Law360 Pulse Cover Haynes Boone’s New Partner Class of 2023December 14, 2022