Natalie DuBose is an insurance-recovery professional who has successfully represented a number of Fortune 500 companies and smaller organizations on all types of insurance matters, including directors and officers, commercial general liability, property, errors and omissions, builders risk, and cyber. Having worked for years in the automotive and construction industry before joining Haynes and Boone, Natalie has developed a business-oriented approach to insurance recovery and a unique understanding of her clients’ goals. Natalie recognizes the need to minimize cost while maximizing results and actively consults with clients on cost-effective solutions to manage risk and maximize insurance recovery.
Natalie has consistently shown a track record of success in representing corporate policyholders in coverage disputes in state and federal courts, arbitration, mediation, and appeals. Recently, in a coverage dispute in federal court, Natalie was able to successfully strike a key insurance expert who is nationally recognized and regularly cited in court opinions.
Clients also routinely rely on Natalie’s counsel in negotiating directors and officers coverage, analyzing the insurance ramifications of corporate transactions and national product roll-outs, and presenting claims to insurers.
Apart from her client work, Natalie enjoys giving back to the community through organizations such as Soldier’s Angels and regularly accepts cases through the Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program and Genesis Women’s Shelter. She is currently a board member for the Dallas Bar Association Tort and Insurance Practice Section and is an active member of Park Cities Presbyterian Church.
- In a rare victory, secured claims for COVID-19 related losses under event cancellation policies.
- Effectively prosecuting bad faith claims and Texas Insurance Code violations related to alleged claims mishandling in arbitration for construction clients.
- Successfully arguing against and defeating summary judgment in federal court in an action involving deceptive trade practices and fraudulent inducement.
- Conducting deposition of plaintiff as defense counsel for tort claim.
- Advising clients on the handling of large insurance claims after natural disasters.
- Counseling international client on the insurance and warranty implications of national product roll-outs.
- Counseling clients on the insurance implications of proposed settlement agreements.
- Advising clients on professional liability litigation and the coverage provided by their insurance policies.
- American Bar Association, Women In Insurance Network Co-Chair 2020
- American Bar Association, Women In Insurance Network Co-Chair 2018
- Young Risk Professionals, National Marketing Director, 2018-2019
- Tort and Insurance Practice Section, Dallas Bar Association,; Chair-Elect (2021); Board Member (2016-2020)
- Patrick E. Higginbotham Inn of Court, 2015-2016
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Inc., Insurance Law, 2019-2022
- Recognized by Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters, 2021-2022
- ABA Women In Insurance Network Regional CLE Program, November 5, 2020, panelist
- Path to Coverage for Covid-19 Losses, Texas Insurance Law Journal, October 2020
- “Professional Liability Policies,” presenter, Texas Bar CLE Advanced Insurance Law, June 6, 2019.
- "An Update On Texas Insurance Code Chapter 542A," panelist, Dallas Bar Association Tort and Insurance Section, Dallas, TX, April 2, 2019.
- ABA Women In Insurance Network Regional CLE Program, November 8, 2018, panelist
- Insurance Toolkit: Tools for the Personal Injury Attorney, Co-Author, 24th Annual Advanced Personal Injury Law CLE, July 25, 2018.
- “When the Cloud Bursts, Will There Be Coverage For Your Dependent Business Interruption Loss?,” article editor, ABA Women in Litigation Conference, November 2017.
- “Sink or Swim: Critical Insurance Issues for Property & Asset Managers,” panelist, CLE seminar, October 31, 2017.
- “Managing a Weather Related Crisis: Before, During and After,” panelist, Texas Insurance Academy CLE, September 7, 2017.
- Insurance Mock Trial Presenter, 53rd Academy of International and American Law, Center for American and Internal Law (CAIL), June 2016
- “Maximizing Business Insurance Recovery Following a Natural Disaster,” author, Dallas Bar Association, June 2016.
- “Responding to Reservation of Rights Letters: The Why, When, and How,” panelist, Texas Insurance Academy CLE, May 5, 2016.
- “Conflicts of Interest: The Often Ignored Elephant in the Room in Construction Defect Litigation and Law Firm Conflicts,” panelist, Pulte Legal Summit CLE, November 18, 2015.
- Insurance Mock Trial Presenter, 52nd Academy of International and American Law, Center for American and Internal Law (CAIL), June 2015.
- "Fracking - There's Coverage For That," guest author, Law360, June 28, 2013.
- "The Corporate Representative Deposition: Differences in State and Federal Courts," co-author, 26th Annual Advanced Evidence & Discovery Court, Texas Bar CLE, 2013.
- "Policyholder Approach to Discovery Disputes," co-author, Property Litigator's Handbook: Second Edition, 2013.
- "Builder's Risk Insurance Issues," co-author, Insurance in the Construction Industry CLE, May 9, 2013.
- Flightcrew Member Duty and Rest Requirements: Does the Proposed Legislation Put to Rest the Concern over Pilot Fatigue, 76 J. Air L. & Comm. 253 (2011).
- Twombly and Parallel Conduct - How the Sixth Circuit Grounded In re Travel Agent Commission Antitrust Litigation, 76 J. Air L. & Comm. 111 (2011).
J.D., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 2012, magna cum laude; Order of the Coif; Associate Air Law Symposium Editor, SMU Law Review Association
B.B.A., Marketing, Texas A&M University, 2006, magna cum laude
Judicial Extern to the Honorable Barbara M.G. Lynn, United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas, August-December 2010
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Texas
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
Haynes and Boone, LLP had another impressive showing in The Best Lawyers in America directory published by Woodward/White, Inc., with a cross section of lawyers from offices across the country recognized in the 2022 edition. The guide includes more than 100 firm lawyers from the Austin, Charlotte, Chicago, Costa Mesa, Dallas, Dallas-North, Denver, Fort Worth, Houston, New York, Palo Alto, San Anto [...]