Caroline Wray Fox focuses her practice on intellectual property litigation. She has experience in patent litigation matters involving a wide range of technologies, including wireless communications, electronics, and life sciences. Caroline has significant experience in all phases of litigation, including trials and appeals. She has also been involved in proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board and the International Trade Commission.
Caroline holds a Bachelor of Science in Engineering with majors in electrical engineering and biomedical engineering. Following law school, she served as a law clerk to the Honorable Patricia Minaldi in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana.
- Recognized as a North Carolina “Rising Star” in intellectual property litigation by Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2017-2021
Selected Client Representations
- Represented a mobile carrier in a patent-infringement case involving wireless hotspot technology. Following successful claim-construction proceedings, secured summary judgment of non-infringement and invalidity and successfully defended the judgment on appeal at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- Represented a smartphone manufacturer in a 5-patent case involving imaging technology in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California. Secured jury verdicts of non-infringement and invalidity.
- Represented an international sporting goods company in district court litigation and associated inter partes review proceedings involving wireless fitness technology and wearable devices against a competitor. Secured denial of institution of inter partes review; case settled.
- Successfully defended all challenged claims in inter partes review proceedings involving footwear on behalf of an international sporting goods company.
- Secured summary judgment of invalidity of patents related to ATM technology on behalf of an international bank.
- Successfully represented a leading healthcare diagnostics company in patent litigation related to genetic testing technology.
B.S.E., Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Duke University, 2006
J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 2011, Senior Editorial Board, Virginia Tax Review
Law Clerk to the Honorable Patricia H. Minaldi, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana, 2011-2012
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
Welcome to the 2020 - 2021 edition of the Haynes Boone Media and Entertainment Law Year in Review. The Media and Entertainment Practice Group of Haynes and Boone, LLP represents a broad range of clients in all facets of media and entertainment, intellectual property, open government and First Amendment litigation, counseling and legislative matters. We are proud to provide a summary of our accompl [...]