Serving as a dedicated associate in Haynes and Boone’s Litigation Practice Group, Julia Peebles focuses on navigating clients through the litigation process and providing legal guidance on complex matters. Julia leverages her extensive oral and written advocacy skills to deliver results-driven legal advice on various practice areas, including commercial, energy, and employment law.
Julia’s experience includes representing clients in all stages of litigation, from successfully negotiating deals, to composing winning trial and appellate briefs on various subjects including discrimination claims and breach of contract disputes.
Julia earned her law degree from the University of Houston Law Center, where she served as the Moot Court team’s Executive Director and received the State Bar of Texas Appellate Section’s Award for Appellate Excellence in Appellate Advocacy for the University of Houston Law Center.
When not serving clients, she is committed to the professional development of current law students at her alma mater. She is a coach for the University of Houston’s Moot Court team, providing advice on oral and written advocacy.
- State Bar of Texas, Texas Young Lawyers Association, Board Member, District Director 6, Place 2, 2022
- Houston Young Lawyers Association Member
- State Bar of Texas, Appellate Advocate, Former Co-Managing Editor
- Association of Women in the Law, President, 2015-2016
- “Plaintiffs with Hopeless Causes: Idiopathic Causes in Toxic Tort Litigation – Analyzing How Courts Address Scientific Uncertainty,” author, Houston Journal of Health Law and Policy – Health Law Perspectives, August 2018.
J.D., University of Houston Law Center, 2017, Notes and Comments Editor, Houston Journal of Health Law and Policy; Dean’s List; Moot Court; The Order of Barristers
Master of Health Law, University of Houston Law Center, 2017, Dean's List
B.S., and B.A., Texas Christian University, 2014, Dean's List
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
The State Bar of Texas announced this week that Haynes and Boone, LLP Associate Julia Peebles was elected to the board of the Texas Young Lawyers Association (TYLA). She will represent Houston as TYLA District Director 6, Place 2. Directors are nominated and elected by the TYLA members in their districts and serve two-year terms. TYLA is a department of the State Bar of Texas, commonly referred to [...]