Monika Sanford (Singh)
Monika Sanford is the co-chair of the Finance Practice Group of Haynes and Boone. Monika's practice is focused on the representation of financial institutions and borrowers in commercial loan transactions. Monika has experience in representing lenders with negotiating and documenting loans to real estate private equity funds in connection with subscription secured financings as well as negotiating and documenting other secured and unsecured transactions. Additionally, Monika has represented borrowers in intercreditor relationships and in subordinated financing transactions, and has represented issuers in connection with offerings of senior secured notes.
- Represented Landry’s, Inc. and its subsidiaries in a $300 million increase to the existing term facility and a $30 million increase to the existing revolving facility in connection with the acquisition, and joinder to the facilities, of the Del Frisco Restaurant Group.
- Assisted in the representation of major U.S. and foreign lenders as lead agents in connection with documenting and closing more than $3 billion of subscription secured revolving credit facilities to private equity funds secured by the capital commitments of the fund's various investors.
- Assisted in the representation of lead agent and arranger in documenting and closing $600 million worth of revolving credit facilities to an investment grade insurance company and its affiliate.
- Assisted in the representation of lead agent in connection with a $160 million revolving credit facility provided to a pharmaceutical company secured by the assets of the borrower and the various subsidiary guarantors.
- Assisted in representation of one of the largest dining, hospitality and entertainment companies in the United States in connection with: a $235.6 million senior secured revolving credit facility and a public offering of $406.5 million of subordinated secured notes together with an additional tack-on offering of $50 million subordinated secured notes, secured by real and personal property assets managed by domestic subsidiaries; and the private offering by the parent company of $110 million of senior secured notes, secured by the capital stock of a subsidiary.
- Assisted in the representation of an oil and natural gas company engaged in the acquisition, development and exploration of onshore North American oil and natural gas properties in connection with the public offering of $750 million of senior unsecured notes and the simultaneous redemption and discharge of $350 million of senior secured notes.
- Assisted in the representation of an international apparel manufacturing company in connection with the negotiation and documentation of a $140 million senior secured revolving credit facility secured by real and personal property.
- 2015 President-Elect of the Dallas Asian American Bar Association
- 2015 Advisory Director for the Dallas Bar Association
- Member of 2015 State Bar of Texas Leadership Class
- 2010 Co-Chair of the Year Award – Dallas Asian American Bar Association
- Dallas Asian American Bar Association, Board of Directors, 2012-2013
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Inc., 2023
- Featured in D Magazine’s “Best Lawyers Under 40” directory, D Magazine Partners, 2021-2022
- Recognized by Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters, 2013-2023
- APIS Best Lawyers Under 40 Award, 2015
- "Financing Alternatives for Privately-Held Businesses," presented at 12th Annual Advanced Business Law Course hosted by the Business Law Section of the State Bar of Texas, November 6, 2014.
- "Anatomy of a Loan Agreement,” presented as in-house CLE, June 23, 2014.
- “Eurodollar Lending,” Commercial Finance Guide, Matthew Bender & Company, Inc., coauthor with Scott Night, 2014.
- "Financial Covenants 101," presented as in-house CLE, November 14, 2013.
- “Lenders Beware: Can Your Intercorporate Guaranty Withstand a Fraudulent Transfer Attack?” XXVIII ABI Journal 4, 40-41, 78, May 2009.
J.D., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 2007, cum laude; SMU International Law Review, Staff Editor; Asian American Law Students Association, Vice President.
B.B.A., Finance, University of Texas at Austin, 2004, with high honors, Minor in Economics
Haynes and Boone, LLP Partners Monika Sanford, co-head of Finance, and Albert Tan, a member of the Executive Committee and Board of Directors, on April 29 participated in a State Bar of Texas (SBOT) discussion titled: Can Asian Americans Break the “Bamboo Ceiling” in Law Firms and Corporations? Monika moderated and Albert participated in the discussion, which was sponsored by SBOT’s Asian Pacific [...]
6 Haynes Boone Partners Recognized as ‘Nation’s Best’ 2022 by Lawyers of ColorNovember 30, 2022