Matthew Schindel is a member of the firm’s Executive Committee and past department chair of the Financial Transactions Department. Matthew regularly advises fund sponsors and institutional investors in connection with the formation of, and investment in, U.S. and foreign investment funds, including private equity funds and real estate funds, and fund of funds as well as co-investment structures. In addition, Matthew advises real estate developers and institutional investors in the formation of joint ventures to acquire and develop real estate throughout the U.S. and in the negotiation of development and property management agreements.
Professional and Community Activities
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Advisory Board Member-The Salvation Army-DFW Metroplex Command
- Represented an institutional investor in over 350 co-investment transactions in which the sponsor invested in excess of $9.6 billion.
- Represented a fund sponsor in the formation of numerous commingled funds and funds-of-one.
- Represented a real estate company sponsor on the formation of various real estate funds.
- Represented an institutional real estate investor in over 40 joint ventures to develop industrial distribution centers throughout the U.S. over the past 4 years.
- Represented an institutional investor in the formation of a joint venture to develop a $450 million portfolio of real centers throughout in the Midwest of the U.S.
- Represented a developer in the formation of a joint venture with an institutional investor to develop a Class A office building in Dallas, Texas.
- Represented the developer of the Victory project, a $3 billion master-planned, mixed-use development surrounding the American Airlines Center.
- Represented an institutional investor in the formation of a joint venture to develop a $350 million portfolio of retail centers in the State of Florida.
- Represented an investor in the sale of a controlling interest in the Dallas Mavericks basketball team.
- Represented a leading fund in its investment into a leading global provider of aftermarket climate control components for a broad range of vehicles, including light vehicles, heavy duty trucks, agricultural/off-road equipment and specialty markets.
- Represented a large U.S. investment manager as co-investor in a growth equity capital investment in an application performance infrastructure company.
- Recognized as a leader in Real Estate, Lexology Client Choice Awards, Lexology, 2022
- Included in The Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Inc., for Real Estate Law, 2019-2023
- Received the 2013 International Law Office (ILO) and Lexology Client Choice Award in Commercial Property, Globe Business Publishing Ltd, 2013
- Listed in Texas Super Lawyers - Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters, 2004-2008
- Listed in Texas Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2013-2017
- Best Lawyers in Dallas Under 40, D Magazine, D Magazine Partners, 2004, 2006
- Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine, D Magazine Partners, 2007, 2009, 2018, 2022
J.D., University of Tennessee, 1997, summa cum laude; Research Editor, University of Tennessee Law Review; Order of the Coif; Harold C. Warner Centurion Scholar
B.A., Vanderbilt University, 1993
Six Haynes and Boone, LLP partners are recognized as leaders in their practice areas in the 2022 Lexology Client Choice Awards: Purvi Patel Albers - Trademarks David Bell - Trademarks Matthew Deffebach - Employment Patrick Hughes - Restructuring Bill Kleinman - Corporate Matthew Schindel - Real Estate Lexology distributes international legal updates, analysis and insights to in-house counsel wor [...]